Sign in to follow this  
Bunyip

SOLD: FS: Ray Samuels Nighthawk F117 Phono Amp

Item: Ray Samuels Nighthawk F117 Phono Amp
Price: $500
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Downscaling my gear collection
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Hi there, After several years of loyal service, I am reluctantly moving this excellent amp on. I don't think I need to speak to much about the quality of this piece equipment - it's bloody awesome. This particular unit is in great condition, has been used minimally in a smoke free home. Battery feels like it's still holding it's charge like the day I bought it. Happy to answer any questions. 

Oh, I realise I forgot to photograph the Charging unit!

But don't worry, I have it.

And if you really need a photo of it I'm willing to break my back bending over the back of my hi-fi shelves, battle my way through the deadly tangle of cables, and retrieve it for a photo shoot.

Actually, I have to do that anyway for when it's sold, so I suppose I should just man up and do it now....

Photos: IMG_3238.thumb.jpg.8e7ff6a4a53cfac96a500e49fcb47648.jpgIMG_3235.thumb.jpg.5f27be849810cbe7cebe96f77a3a435c.jpgIMG_3237.thumb.jpg.37ddd138acc3ef3fc83f1726b8cf3b76.jpgIMG_3240.thumb.jpg.196ac25ddb34553026a686748151683a.jpgIMG_3239.thumb.jpg.c4983560b915fb7db72e06b15da3e07c.jpgIMG_3241.thumb.jpg.1f3e70dc4c6a7a609ba7cbe24cfb8994.jpgIMG_3242.thumb.jpg.ff9509e6cfb0d337a4b22eee41d157f7.jpg

These are great. I have a friend that has one in a high end system and it's seen off some expensive competition. GLWTS!

Great little pre and very well priced.

ive had one and loved it at the time.

Hey, thanks @treuben and @Yamaha_man (hi by the way, long time no see) - and I agree, holds its own with some pretty top gear. Cheers fellas.

Edited by Bunyip

Had one myself, a great sounding and versatile phono pre. GLWTS Bunyip. 

This is now SOLD! Thanks SNA

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MuBh
      Item: Trigon Advance Phono amp (Made in Germany)
      Price: $650 
      Item Condition: As new
      Reason for selling: Too many Phono amps
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal as friend, COD Only
      Extra Info: purchased from Class A Audio in Jan 2018 for $1500.

Trigon Advance is made in Germany. This sublime phono stage has an awesome sound stage and awe-inspiring detail. What makes it super special, is the accumulator technology, which works like a power generator/battery backup, providing a clear and neutral sound.

While purchasing the Trigon from Class A Audio, I made an extensive comparison with various other phono stages in the same price range viz. Rega Aria, Music Fidelity Mx-Vinyl, Soundsmith MCP2. To tell you the truth, the Trigon made the Rega sound like a toy. The Mx-Vinyl and MCP2 though very musical lacked the oomph and detail of the Trigon.

I would put the Trigon against the Cyrus Phono Signature + PSX-R₂ combination, that retails for almost twice the price of the Trigon.

Here are a few review videos -

This is a very reluctant sale but I have no use of it, having moved to the Canary MCP-10.

I don't have the original boxes, but can pack it properly for interstate buyers. Please message me for p&h charges.

For more information please refer to the manufacturers website -

http://www.trigon-audio.de/index.php?id=77&L=1

Pictures:

• By psmithy
      Hi all

I am hoping for some good advice for an outdoor projector for use with the Australian Summer looming!

I would prefer a battery powered unit to save running a cable every time I use it. Also want something that can easily be used with Netflix and similar, either with apps on the unit itself or streaming via an iPhone / iPad.

Options seem limited in Australia. The best generally on sale here seems to be the Nebula Capsule but my research found the Nebula Mars 2 which does seem a much better product though only available here on import.

Then there is the Philips PicoPix Max being crowd funded:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/philips-picopix-max-1080p-full-hd-pico-projector?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh-SylMbt5AIViIePCh0NDwdAEAAYASAAEgKuQfD_BwE#/

That looks great but I am concerned about no product reviews being available.

Has anyone gone with this or have any thoughts I should consider.

Also, what do I need to look for in an outdoor screen. I really want something quick and easy to put up.

Thanks so much
    • By Full Range
      Item: Battery DAC, TDA1543, NOS
      Price: $170 plus postage
      Item Condition: As new, unmarked - also will ship in original packaging 
      Reason for selling: surplus and have upgraded to new model 
      Payment Method: EFT, PayPal as friend, Cash 
      Extra Info: highly regarded DAC, sweet and detailed sound with great imaging and tone. 
      NOTE - This is the upgraded dual Battery model

From the website -

What are the main features of this DAC ?
      And what are the main goals of its design ?
      Extract the pure performance of the last built non-oversampling true 16-bit TDA1543 DAC from Philips Optical & Coaxial inputs (leftmost switch on the photo) DIR9001 96 kHz SPDIF Receiver (lowest-jitter on the market - 50ps) Supports sampling frequencies from 28kHz to 108kHz (continuous range, including non-standard frequencies) TDA1543 16-bit DAC - the original from Philips® Passive I/V conversion No Op-Amp - direct output with 2Vpp (will drive any power amp well) Huuuge capacitors on the output path provides sub-Hertz cutoff frequency (<0.3Hz on a 10kOhms input) Dual Stage power supply regulation (for a super low background noise level) Separate voltage regulator for the DAC and the Digital SPDIF receiver (same reason as above) Battery-powered with a single 9V NiMH battery (optional - but without it you must provide a clean 12V - 15V power supply) Smart battery charger on-board (quickly charges the battery when depleted, keeps it charged at low current when idle) When both power switches are on, the battery is recharged, and is also used to buffer the external power, completely removing hum. Will Direclty drive any power amplifier Easy to carry around and use it at your friends home  2+ hours of listening on the battery alone  

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/71210-“the-battery-dac-“-impressions/

• By dalethorn
      I just purchased the AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon at a closeout price of $299 USD in the U.S. The original price here was $699 USD, so the new closeout price is 3/7 of the original. The packaging was new with the NH Carbon, and so well packaged that it would survive severe moisture and humidity for 100 years or so. The sound is the same as the original NH, i.e. dull and cavernous due to the combination of lower-mids emphasis and mid-treble recess. Fortunately, when EQ'd properly the NH sounds marvelous.   http://dalethorn.com/Photos/Audioforge/Audioquest_Nighthawk.jpg (Note: EQ curve is the inverse of a freq. response curve)   About a year ago I also purchased the NightOwl Carbon, hoping for a better sound, but it was even worse than the NH. I really have to wonder, given the massive promotion by AudioQuest for these headphones and their designer (Skylar-somebody), whether anyone with an appreciation for high fidelity reproduction actually listened to these designs and signed off on them. I have my doubts.
    • By reflux075
      Does anyone know if the Sansui AU 5500 amps come with a phono preamp on the phono input?
      Thanks in advance.