Axis LS-38 floor standing speakers (Perth)

Item: Axis LS38 Loudspeakers
Price: $375
Item Condition: Perfect condition and working order aside from one small corner dent show in picture. Always been taken care since I bought them new (~$1100) from Clifford at Audio Synergy
Reason for selling: upgrade
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash only
Extra Info: Australian made by John Reilly at Axis voicebox - exceptional speakers for the price. Includes a full sets of spikes and floor protectors.

PICKUP only. Thanks for looking

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

P1020746.JPG

P1020749.JPG

P1020740.JPG

P1020751.JPG

P1020741.JPG

P1020742.JPG

P1020743.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Have to agree I have the mini bookshelf version from the same era, bought from Audio Synergy 10 years go too for 500 bucks or so but still use in a background system, lovely speakers for the price, glwts.

Cheers @Eagleeyes, nice to hear from a few of you who have had first hand experience with Axis speakers. I have had many years of enjoyment from these and couldn't have made a better investment for the money at the time IMO. I'm hoping these will find a good home with someone getting into hi-fi, not a bad place to start that's for sure..

I love my Axis speakers. Lovely sound. I have the LS88 and LS28 still in mint condition after nearly 20 years. Only change the midrange foam of the LS88 recently through Lens Wallis. Drivers are as good as new and John Reilly had a look at them when he came to my place. 

IMG-2585.JPG

Nice setup @Odyssey, thanks for sharing..  I did try to find some second hand LS88’s at one stage but gave up as there isn’t a lot in Perth obviously, the whole LS line was great in any case. 

I actually stayed with Axis upon upgrading (and not due to blind brand loyalty) I bought the Axis VoiceBox S after auditioning them at Wyn’s listening room (Simply Hi-Fi). They made product of the month there and it was obvious to see why! Great to see Reilly and Serhan collaboration on this design, brilliant result. I should note these puppies do

like a powerful amp behind them to bring out their best. (No pics as my system is packed up currently ?)

• Like 1

I bought and sold a pair of Axis Voicboxes too, I loved them but they helped take a chunk out of a trade on a bigger item so off they went. They were very good again from Wyn. I still get shocked when I lift up my old Axis small bookshelves (no idea of model presume LS28 on size of numbers only) as they weigh age least 10 kilos each, anyway we are diverting thread from sale to a degree or maybe reinforcing to potential buyer.

buy them they are amaze balls for the price.?

• Like 1

@Nicolai , I have the Axis Voicebox S too. Very revealing monitor without the glare. Very engaging to listen to. I drive my Axis speakers with Redgum Rgi120enr, Sansui au alpha 907mr and Sansui au-717.  All powerful and enough grunt to drive those speakers.

GLWTS. Your LS38 seems in very good condition and the price is pretty cheap. ?

IMG-2912.JPG

• Like 3

Wow @arthurp..that’s some seriously nice gear behind your Voiceboxes with that setup ? must be a real joy.

I got the PS Stellar 700 mono blocks driving mine controlled by a PS DirectStream as a pre amp and DAC plus a few other bits n pieces...including a Rhythmic Audio 12inch servo sub, can’t wait to set it all up again! 

Edited by Nicolai

On 01/09/2019 at 2:06 PM, Odyssey said:

@Nicolai , I have the Axis Voicebox S too. Very revealing monitor without the glare. Very engaging to listen to. I drive my Axis speakers with Redgum Rgi120enr, Sansui au alpha 907mr and Sansui au-717.  All powerful and enough grunt to drive those speakers.

GLWTS. Your LS38 seems in very good condition and the price is pretty cheap. ?

IMG-2912.JPG

Nice choice, great speakers. Looking at your setup there I think your speakers are just begging for some iso accoustic speaker stands to get them off that table.. I tried it with some other monitors I own and was super impressed with the result