FS: Fanless music servers and giesler power supply

Item: Fanless music servers and giesler power supply
Price: see below
Item Condition: good
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Fanless server 1: Jetway NF9C-2800 motherboard with 2Gb single rank ram in case.  $140

This was my first diy server. The Jetway board was used by Antipodes in their earlier DX servers and chosen for its musicality.  I used it with snakeoil running off a usb and even in that barebones config it surpassed an SMS-200 with equivalent power supply. The case was bought really just to hold the motherboard and has a hole in the side as the power supply is not there. Great for getting into computer audio diy at low cost. I used it mostly with the giesler LPS below and it was a very nice combo. If you dont buy the gieseler you will need to provide your own power supply.

Fanless Server 2 Silver case i5 4250 w 4gb memory and 128gb ssd. $300

This server is a lot more waf friendly and is powerful enough to run Roon reasonably well as long as you dont do radical upsampling. fine for dsp or convolution.  However I mostly used it as an endpoint. The SSD currently has a demo version of Euphony on it which when run from the giesler power supply below was very close to a SOTM SMS 200 ultra and SPS 500 setup. In the end the SOTM was slightly better but not when you took into account the cost. The box has internal wifi but i never used it. 

If you dont buy the gieseler you will need to provide your own power supply.

Gieseler 3A 12v power supply $220

This supply is a more powerful version and can be modified to output other voltages if you are handy with a soldering iron. Preference given to someone who buys either of the above servers. The DC plug suits all these units..

Fanless Server 3 Asrock AD2700 w 2gb memory and pico box power supply board $170

This is similar to server 1 but uses the Asrock board. This board sounds slightly better for me than the Jetway and also has a pico power supply adapter so you can use an LPS with it. The case was bought really just to hold the motherboard and has a hole in the side as the power supply is not there. Great for getting into computer audio diy at low cost. I used it mostly with the giesler LPS  and it was a very nice combo.  If you dont buy the gieseler you will need to provide your own power supply.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_8080.JPG

IMG_8082.JPG

IMG_8081.JPG

IMG_8079.JPG

IMG_8078.JPG

IMG_8070.JPG

IMG_8077.JPG

IMG_8076.JPG

IMG_8073.JPG

IMG_8071.JPG

IMG_8075.JPG

IMG_8074.JPG