TOPPING D50S DAC $200USD on Drop

12 minutes ago, twofires said:

In retrospect, I'm inclined to agree with you. Alas, I fell victim to the siren call of SWEET DEALZ.

Never had i shopped with Drop before, but i couldnt find the D50S at the time on amazon.

In hindsight i wouldnt probably do it again either.

21 minutes ago, benny said:

Well it was worth the wait.

Hasn’t broken in (if that’s a thing with digital sources)

But I’m thoroughly enjoying listening to it, especially with some dsd media :)

What are you powering it with? Mine has at least landed in the country after 5 weeks!

12 hours ago, spamnoj said:

What are you powering it with? Mine has at least landed in the country after 5 weeks!

I was using the USB power socket on the PSU for my Surface pro - but it buzzes, so using  a powerbank

20191113_193058.thumb.jpg.e6ad9fa04d0ba6f58155fb6bf34f2e6d.jpg

And here it is, along with a teensy FiiO optical cable and 3.5mm to toslink adapter (both purchased separately) for my Chromecast Audio. Works a treat, and seems clearer than the internal DAC on the CCA.

Love a product that does exactly what it says on the tin.

15 hours ago, twofires said:

20191113_193058.thumb.jpg.e6ad9fa04d0ba6f58155fb6bf34f2e6d.jpg

And here it is, along with a teensy FiiO optical cable and 3.5mm to toslink adapter (both purchased separately) for my Chromecast Audio. Works a treat, and seems clearer than the internal DAC on the CCA.

Love a product that does exactly what it says on the tin.

Chromecast audio does digital out?

18 minutes ago, benny said:

Chromecast audio does digital out?

Yup - the 3.5mm jack is dual output. The FiiO cable is 3.5 to 3.5 optical, and I've used a 3.5mm to toslink adapter from Selby to connect it to the D50s. 

• 4 months later...

Looking at getting this but i'm worried the length of the DC to usb adapter might not be long enough to go to the power board. 

Can't really find anything on google that would be longer. Anyone know where i might be able to get something like that?