Warm budget cart? Around $200

Ok, throw some ideas at me. My birthday is coming up and I'm wanting a budget cart that is warm and cozy for a change. My taste in carts seems to involve detail and excitement and I want a bit of a rest. Is there anything that will suit for this kinda budget. I guess I could go to $300 however I'm not buying so it depends.

Cheers

Blake.

9 minutes ago, blakey72 said:

Thank you everyone. I'm going to check all of these out. @Andrews_melb Which post were you referring to? @Ken I will check it out and let you know, thanks mate. Is that the Arcam cart? 

It's funny actually, every cart mentioned are what I have considered 

Yes, ARCAM A&R P77

1 minute ago, blakey72 said:

Also thought about something like the Grado Green or Shelter 201. Yeah @rantan I was going to say I didn't think Denon's were particularly warm. 

I have a Shelter 201 and although I am not using it right now it is IMO the best cart under $500. IIRC your budget was $200 but if you can stretch to $300 I would highly recommend the Shelter, you won't be disappointed. Available here.

https://krispyaudio.com.au/products/shelter-201-mm-phono-cartridge.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rantan said:

I have a Shelter 201 and although I am not using it right now it is IMO the best cart under $500. IIRC your budget was $200 but if you can stretch to $300 I would highly recommend the Shelter, you won't be disappointed. Available here.

https://krispyaudio.com.au/products/shelter-201-mm-phono-cartridge.html

Not fatiguing at all? I'm pretty keen on warm :) 

Just now, blakey72 said:

Not fatiguing at all? I'm pretty keen on warm :) 

Absolutely 100% non fatiguing at all and what 's more, even though it is warm and friendly, it doesn't fall into the trap of being thick and lacking detail or dynamics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blakey72 said:

Thank you everyone. I'm going to check all of these out. @Andrews_melb Which post were you referring to? @Ken I will check it out and let you know, thanks mate. Is that the Arcam cart? 

It's funny actually, every cart mentioned are what I have considered 

Sorry confused you with someone else!

On 29/08/2019 at 3:20 PM, Jebediah said:

Denon DL110? 

As per @rantan analogy of the 301, I would not discribe the DL110 as warm, great cart, non fatiguing, wide sound stage, exceptional dynamics.

if it's just for fun Blakey, $200-$300 will get you a higher tier 2nd hand cart that you would probably get more miles out of before you tired of it.

I sold an Ortofon Rondo Bronze for $300 with 600 hours, nice and warm that one 

edit

just spoted this,  never heard one but just read some warm reviews 

not associated with the seller, I'm even temped 

Edited by Powerglide