Sign in to follow this  
BigMac

SOLD: Complete Lenehan Audio System

Item: Complete Lenehan Stereo System
Price: $8000
Item Condition: Perfect sonically and unblemished physically
Reason for selling: I make my own music these days and generally use my studio monitors or headphones to listen to music.  Rarely do I sit down in front of the stereo now.  
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  

The audio system includes:

• Lenehan/Geissler PDX Level 2 DAC
  • A pair of Arion HS-500 500w monoblocks
  • A pair of Lenehan ML2 Reference Speakers
  • A pair of Lenehan Ribbontek speaker cables
  • A pair of Curious interconnects
  • A Curious USB cable
  • A pair of Mike Lenehan speaker stands to suit the speakers
  • Two of Mike's anti vibration "toppers"
  • Two of Mike's 3 Hz isolation platforms, for the PDX and the amps
  • The stand that it all sits on, purchased from Audio Junction in Newcastle 
  • All that's missing is your music server

The system was purchased new from Mike and I have the original invoice.

Since purchase the following upgrades have been done:

• Dueland capacitors fitted to the PDX
  • A JL Sounds card was fitted to replace the HiTech interface
  • Dueland capacitors fitted to each Arion amp

If you are reading this advertisement and know of Mike Lenehan's audio credentials, I do not need to extol the virtues of this system.  It is heavenly. If you do not know of Mike's gear then you can find out about just how highly it is regarded by searching on this forum.

This is a good deal for a complete, highly advanced stereo system.   

I am willing to do the following:

• Split the system if you are interested in individual components
  • Travel to where you are, within a reasonable distance from Coffs Harbour, to deliver and set the system up (if you buy the complete system and are willing to cover my travel costs).  We can talk about what is a "reasonable distance".
  • Freight to you at your cost.  I have all the original packing that Mike used to send this equipment to me. 

There is an iMac computer that I use as music server, on which I run Audirvana as a player.  It has only ever been used exclusively as my music server, not for general computing needs.  This is not included in the deal, however, since I also have another iMac we could discuss this further.  The Oppo DVD player shown in the photos is not included.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20190828_125232.jpg

20190828_125244.jpg

20190828_125256.jpg

20190828_125310.jpg

20190828_125321.jpg

20190828_125332.jpg

20190828_125352.jpg

20190828_125412.jpg

20190828_125443.jpg

20190828_125458.jpg

20190828_125503.jpg

20190828_125523.jpg

20190828_125602.jpg

Will you sell the toppers separately ?

Great value here, just buy and enjoy!

3 hours ago, keys1234 said:

Will you sell the toppers separately ?

The toppers always get a lot of interest. I’m surprised that Mike stopped making them. 

An unbelievable bargain price for quality gear. Somebody is going to score one of the deals or the year. GLWTS mate, not that you'll need it.

On 28/08/2019 at 9:16 PM, PKay said:

The toppers always get a lot of interest. I’m surprised that Mike stopped making them. 

They look just like a block of black painted gold; surely you can make some yourself ;)

OK - I am have not sold the complete system so I will sell individual components.  All those of you who have contacted me over the past few days asking about individual components.....I will now be getting in touch with you privately.

I would like to withdraw this ad but don't know how to do it.  I will be advertising some components separately now.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Somethingclever
      Price: $ Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Sutherland State: New South Wales Payment Method: Reason for selling: Item:  Lenehan ML2 Satori Prototype
      Price:  4.2k - happy to courier at buyers expense but prefer local pick up
      Item Condition: 9/10, cannot find any blemishes, but are 'used'
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info:
      Selling my ML2 Satori standmount speaker.  Just over a year old, delivered to me in December 2018.

Instead of the usual 6.5 inch woofer, these have a 7.5 inch Satori MW-19P papyrus woofer.  They are the prototype of a new line that Mike was working on.  He just wasn't sure to go ahead as these woofers cost nearly three times as much as the HDS Nomax he currently uses, so the cost would have to be passed along to the customers.  He said when I was talking about purchasing them that they will sound better than the current ML2 speakers including the Reference with the current crossover.  He said it wouldn't beat the ML2 Limiteds.  I cannot say whether it does or doesn't as I have only ever heard the ML2 Satoris.   They do sound great.

These speakers weigh in a couple more kilos at 35 and are a bit deeper than usual.  4 cm deeper from memory, this is due to getting the frequency response lower than the normal ML2 and they are also more sensitive at 88. 

Will post a picture of the crossover this evening.

Photos:

• By Eagleeyes
      Item: Lenehan Audio MLT3- 2018 models
      Price: $4200- Rrp approx 8500.
      Item Condition: 9-10
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Have boxes so can pack and send anywhere. Genuine Boxes say weight is 37 kilos each.

https://www.lenehanaudio.com.au/ml3.html

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95236.msg951583#msg951583

The ML3 was designed with one specific goal in mind: 

Reproduce the input signal better than any Loudspeaker currently in production. 

The task is Herculean of course and we are very well aware of many other such attempts both present and in the past. What size room will this Loudspeaker be built for? 

There is no doubt that an 8inch two way will drive a room of reasonable dimensions only! We're talking here of around 140 cubic mtrs | 5000 cubic feet with dimensions approximately 6mtrs x 8mtrs x 3mtrs. This is certainly a decent size living room. Due mainly to it’s PRC Xover and bottom vent design, the ML3 will drive a room as small as 50 cubic mtrs | 1700 cubic feet with no bass boom whatsoever! 

OK, but how much energy can an 8 inch two way produce? I mean, will they have enough steam in the bass for me? After all sometimes when I’m in the mood I like to get into some Rage Against the Machine or Tool or even Faithless. But at the same time I mostly listen at moderate levels to Jazz and Classical music. 

ML3’s have, we believe; state of the art bass reproduction. Rock solid into the mid 20hz region, their speed articulation and detail in the lower frequencies is the foundation for the rest of the frequency range. The ML3 power handling is huge! mainly because of the immense high power understressed Xover. 

We believe the ML3 is the closest thing to the universal Holy Grail of balanced high end design that is possible to currently achieve. In a room of approximately 130 cubic mtrs or 4500sq ft the ML3 will play flat to near 25hz in the listening chair! And no it won't boom in the bass and be impossible to set up like many others. You won't for instance have to set them up 6ft into the room to get a decent balance. 

In respect of imaging and soundstage depth the ML3's will throttle your senses. In our test room with the ML3’s set up 75cm (2.5ft) off the front wall and 2.75mtrs apart with a listening distance of 3.2mtrs image width is at least 2mtrs wider than the loudspeakers with 3 dimensional soundstage that goes back through the wall!! Belafonte live at Carnegie hall for instance is simply huge with tremendous image and dimensional stability. Detail within the soundstage we believe is currently SOTA (state of the art). Speed, bass slam and transient abilities are also currently at the leading edge of moving coil loudspeaker design. 

The reasons for the ML3’s intrinsic superiority are many, but the unique and world's first acoustical foam baffle design probably heads the list. This baffle makes the enclosure of the ML3's ostensibly invisible to the low and high frequency drivers. Try this: put your hands around your mouth like your going to yell at someone 200mtrs down the road, but flatten them out so they don’t cup like a cone. OK, now turn to someone and recite a simple phrase, then take your hand away and recite the same phrase. The difference in the sound of your voice is of course amazing . You were listening to distortion of course and it’s obvious; Yes? That’s why all speakers with baffles of any sort are inferior. 

ML3’s bass loading is proprietary, the port is huge and under stressed so that at high sound pressure levels it still supports the bass driver, in fact it’s close to linear at all drive inputs. Rock solid extended bass that does not produce a grungy type of incoherent bloom underneath the mid’s and high’s. The corollary here is phenomenal transparency that hitherto has only been the province of the best full range electrostatics but with punch weight and authority that the former has simply never been capable of. 

As with all the ML series the Xover is hand built and hardwired. After run in each Xover is handtuned to each host loudspeaker in front of a measurement microphone to a virtually zero tolerance. Each Xover is subtly different to every other ML Xover because each Loudspeaker itself is an individual unto itself. The end result though is imaging and soundstaging perfection. 

These Loudspeakers can pull off the ultimate disappearing act, no doubt. 
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By reflux075
      Item: Lenehan Foiltek or Foilflex Speaker Cable
      Price Range: Depends on whats available
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: I am after a minimum 2.5M length of the speaker cable. Would also be interested in a RCA Foiltek cable of 1M minimum length if available. Thanks!

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By Arv
      Item: Lenehan RibbonFlex RCA Interconnects 1M x 2
      Price: $200 per pair + delivery
      Item Condition: Excellent - Used
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (as a friend or + 2.7%), COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Fantastic RCA interconnect cables from Mike Lenehan. Plenty of feedback on the forums. I have 2 pairs for sale.
      Recently purchased from pair from SNA and the other directly from Mike. One will be shipped with the original box and the other pair will be shipped in a curious cable box.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Somethingclever
      Item: M Lenehan Ribbontek RCA Interconnects 1m
      Price: 200 ono + Postage if neccessary
      Item Condition:  Great second hand condition
      Reason for selling:  NLR, over spent, trying to get funds back to appease the wife
      Extra Info:
      Surely just the photos are needed?  Need more info, happy to answer questions.