Muzza71

SOLD: FS: Acoustic Research 80-X Subwoofer 500w RMS 12" Walnut

Item: Acoustic Research 80-X Subwoofer 500w RMS 12" Walnut Finish
Price: $800 plus shipping
Item Condition: Very Good
Reason for selling: Overkill for my modest 3.2m x 3.7m hifi room
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal as friend or 3%, COD Only
Extra Info:

In very good condition, just to large for my small hifi room and I no longer have a home theatre setup in my lounge room.

This is powerful but subtle at the same time. When setup in the room correctly you won't know it's there until it is required in the musical passages.

Has XLR/RCA & High Level Inputs

Volume/Crossover & 0-180 degree Phase controls

Front firing Port

It has a couple of very small surface scratches but you have to look hard to see them.

I have the original packaging so can ship at buyers cost, should be around $80 to major capital cities.

If you are a local buyer I will throw in a Black with Gold flake Marble Plinth which is rather heavy at around 20kg

Specs as per below:

Featuring Acoustic Research`s latest groundbreaking innovations in premium hi-fi and home theatre loudspeaker technology distilled from over 50 years of experience, the all-new 80 Series has reached a genuinely world class standard of audio enjoyment that will satisfy even the most demanding of audiophiles.

Features

• Precision-built, robust cabinet commandingly stabilizes the subwoofer during long strokes, reducing resonance and distortion
  • High-efficiency Class D amplifier featuring MOSFET operates extremely quickly which ensures exceptionally high clarity, powerful output and extra low distortion
  • Light weight yet extremely rigid 12-inch aluminum cone ensures accurate motion at high power levels and continuous heat dissipation
  • Robust die-cast aluminum chassis provides a sturdy base for the magnet structure and facilitates the maximum excursion of the cone
  • Large motor system with 4-layer, 2`` diameter voice coil and 145mm magnet to reproduce outstanding control and efficiency
  • Linear suspension with the durable CONEX spider perform exceptionally well even under the most extreme operating conditions
  • Cabinet design: front firing front ported
  • Drive unit: 1 x 12 in. aluminium cone

More Info

• Frequency response +/- 3 dB: 14Hz-240Hz
  • Power: RMS 500W
  • Dimensions (H x D x W): 455 x 446 x 417 mm
  • Weight: 30.9kg

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

80X a.jpg

80X b.jpg

80X c.jpg

80X d.jpg

80X e.jpg

Edited by Muzza71
Title

Not downgrading, I have 2 pairs of large 3 way bookshelves. 1 pair Bryston mini T's  with chunky 8" drivers that provide more than enough low end for the room size & then the other pair are Morel DIY's with 2 x 6" in series up to 800hz, again enough low end for the room size hence the reason the 12" sub is Overkill and no longer required.

Edited by Muzza71

I would also be interested in trading for a pair of RCA/XLR interconnects or digital Coax cable to equal value.