Sign in to follow this  
migasson

Thank god I stopped being an audiophile..!

Guest jakeyb77
2 minutes ago, rantan said:

This is a mixed metaphor .

How can a stylus ( "needle ") make contact with a "silver shiny disc"?  I would venture a guess that this would be detrimental to both the needle and the shiny silver disc.

As a non audiophile I prefer to pay my black ( vinyl ) discs with a cart and stylus and my silver discs with a CD player, but since I am not an audiophile, I probably don't know schit.:hyper:

Stop wasting feed on the weeds mate 😂

You know the saying, they’ll beat you down to their level and beat you with experience 

Edited by jakeyb77

1 hour ago, Muon N' said:

So why call people audiofools? What does it achieve, and what do you gain from it?

This is ridiculous, you need to get over it, you are taking it way too seriously, it was tongue in cheek anyway.

Do you look at the logo for Carlton Audio Visual and take offense at that?

2 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

Is busy looking up their profile.…………

Guest Muon N'
4 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

This is ridiculous, you need to get over it, you are taking it way too seriously, it was tongue in cheek anyway.

And with that, I think we are done discussing this :)

Edited by Muon N'
typo

8 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

Are you trying to suggest that your post wasn't serious and you were simply trolling for a reaction?

41 minutes ago, Martykt said:

Are you trying to suggest that your post wasn't serious and you were simply trolling for a reaction?

LOL, I thought it was very clever and also showed the difference between real audiophiles and those who don't know what they are doing, what did you think?

I actually heard part of it in a supermarket when shopping with my wife, a man was following his wife with a trolley and said that "Mine doesn't know where she's going or what she is going to do when she gets there".

This post was edited for fun.

Edited by HypnoToad

......and indeed this thread has run it's ( useful ) course. Ain't no blue sky ahead.:)

16 minutes ago, rantan said:

......and indeed this thread has run it's ( useful ) course. Ain't no blue sky ahead.:)

That sounds like a debate in itself !! :lol:

2 hours ago, Simonon said:

Maybe we could call this " Audiophile sensitivity syndrome" or Ass for short emoji3.png
All get togethers at my place will now be called AA meetings or Audiophiles anonymous. We will however be consuming alcohol which is the best way to improve SQ when performing equipment comparisons.

yeah, I reckon you're not a true audiophile until you've experienced ass rattling bass like George Michael in a public toilet

🤔

38 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

LOL, I thought it was very clever and also showed the difference between real audiophiles and those who don't know what they are doing, what did you think?

I actually heard part of it in a supermarket when shopping with my wife, a man was following his wife with a trolley and said that "Mine doesn't know where she's going or what she is going to do when she gets there".

This post was edited for fun.

It definitely pays to research and increase your knowledge so the money you spend will reap more results when building a system.

There are also those who are trying to achieve the highest level of fidelity that they can achieve and not just an adequate level of fidelity. :) 

I reckon you probably missed the mark on the joke side of things (it happens.... :unsure:), possibly a bit too subtle in its execution  ??  :sorry:

19 minutes ago, bzr said:

yeah, I reckon you're not a true audiophile until you've experienced ass rattling bass like George Michael in a public toilet

Not sure that was bass George Michael was experiencing in that public toilet..... 😬

Guest jakeyb77

Aaaaaaand I’m reminded why I gave this site a wide berth for a while and why so many other have just left altogether 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MAXXX
      Item Condition: Mint, as new Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: Western Australia Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Purchased last year  for streaming,  (used to amplify 2.1 system). Replaced with soundbar...
      Unmarked condition, comes in original package with all accessories.

The WXA-50 is a flexible 2.1 channel amplifier capable of effortlessly powering any pair of speakers. Its convenient design makes it perfect to pair with in-ceiling or outdoor speakers where long speaker cable runs are not possible.
      Simply by adding to your speaker system, enjoy streaming music or a full MusicCast (multi-room audio) system 2.1-Channel powerful sound --- 90 W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1-ch driven) --- 70 W per channel (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06 % THD, 2-ch driven) Compatible with all types of music sources and services, such as streaming services MusicCast App for easy operation. The app lets you control other MusicCast-compatible components One push play — Pressing any button turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source Retro modern and superior quality 48-bit digital volume control is far greater than the input signal bit resolution, achieving high quality control Supports DSD 5.6 MHz and FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit for high resolution reproduction Compact body only 214 mm (8-3/8") wide fits in any convenient location, can be used horizontally or vertically. Easy installation - Suitable size for 1U rack with a width of 214 mm (8-3/8") and height of 42 mm (1-5/8") (without feet). Low standby power consumption: 1.8 W  More details and specs here: https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/multi-room_audio/wxa-50/index.html
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By andrewpc1
      Hi all,

I recently purchased a new pair of Cambridge Audio Minx Min 22 speakers from a local dealer. These were direct replacements for a pair of Paradigm Millenia surround speakers, using the same AVR (Yamaha RX-V685), the same wiring and mounted in the same location as the previous speakers. As an aside, I realise the location for the surrounds isn't perfect but part of the reason in getting these was to allow me more future flexibility with mounting.

When I turn my receiver on, it makes the usual turn on click sounds and then after approx 5 seconds seems to activate the speaker relay which results in a loud popping/thumping sound coming from both of the new rear surround speakers. This did not occur with the previous speakers. This is louder and more prevalent the first time the AVR is turned on each day and also if it has been off for a few hours.
      Im wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to what this could be? Its quite a loud noise. After this sound occurs the speakers do work fine and sound great, but it's disconcerting to say the least. 

Things I have tried so far:
      Checked all wiring to speakers Unplugged all input devices, including anything non speaker related from receiver Upgraded receiver firmware Tried adjusting volume down and muting output at startup  
      None of which have improved the situation.

I have also raised a ticket with Cambridge Audio who politely said that it cant be their fault and to talk to Yamaha (but it did not happen with the old speakers)

I have a video which you should be able to view at the following URL:

https://imgur.com/a/84og6JG

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers

Andrew
    • By JakeHC
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: ALBION PARK State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, PayPal, Bank Transfer Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information:

Picked up two sets of these a while back. Hooked a set up in my gaming room and these have been in the box untouched. I think I've opened the box to verify contents but they've never been wired up. 

Would prefer pick up but can work out shipping. 

Thanks!

• By gyro
      Item Condition: Used. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: ROSEMOUNT 4560 State: Queensland Payment Method: Cash/P/P or EFT Reason for selling: No longer used. Price drop because I'm desperate for cash:   Used lightly to compliment my hi fi stereo speaker system.  Way less than half price. I had to get these flown in from the states because no one in Australia would sell them to me.  They only offered woofers for cars. Cost me  Seven hundred and 20 ea to import from USA...could not buy them here in Australia.
      6.2 Ohm easy to drive.
      These have a very similar response to the Focal 15WX. 

• By Supaxui
      Item Condition: Used, Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney Olympic Park State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal F&F, EFT, Cash on Pickup etc Reason for selling: No Longer in use Further information:

Purchased from ATA about 4 months ago, used for about 30 hours. Very nice and detailed sound for the price, beautiful midrange and vocal reproduction. Unfortunately, I've got a wide head and the clamping force is too much so I ended up not using it much.

Recently purchased Audeze LCD-2 Classic from the forum and have been using that for my open headphone setup. 

Will also come with free Focal Travel case valued at $150.

Pickup is prefered, but can arrange shipping Australia wide for $30.00 I will cover shipping insurance. 

Photos: attached

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved