Rotel's 'MICHI' Series Coming Back

Seems the MICHI Series Are Coming Back....

No Specific info yet, just some teaser pics and approximate $US Pricing

P5 Preamp - $4000

S5 Stereo Power Amp - $6500

M8 Monoblocks - $13,000/pr

p5zikew.jpg

p52kbjlg.jpg

p544tjbk.jpg

p53wdkhw.jpg

s51s2j3f.jpg

s52dsk8o.jpg

• Like 7

Bit Cambridge Audio "Edge"-ish look.

There some serious looking gear out there, just off topic, I peruse AV show Reports on youtube, and the amount of gear shown is eye watering, brands Ive never heard of. 

Obviously a market for it though, might one day get over to Munich High End.

Pity Denon or Marantz don't release something unique like this.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, rantan said:

Thanks for the heads-up, Rantan.

Since the outstanding success of the pairing of @amdan's big 600W Bryston with the old timber Gales at the Classic Album Sunday's event, I've been keeping my eyes open for a big, black Bryston to keep the Gales happy at home.

I suspect these beasties would be a similarly effective pairing (probably even better) but I also expect the affordability factor might be low.  In any case, I won't be at all surprised if they are a relative bargain compared to a lot of high-end esoterica. 

Top quality components and superb build quality with probably a semi-realistic pricetag makes them definitely worth seeeking out at the show in a couple of weeks, if only to admire and aspire to.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Wonder how quiet those fans are? 

Pricing seems generous wonder where they are made ? 

More info including owners manuals here 

http://www.rotel.com/en-apac/michi

they look like fabulous pieces ... is there finally a return of components an ideal match for B&W 800 series ? I see they are being marketed as a pairing already... 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Antipodean Brad said:

Didn't Classe use to be owned by B&W?  Now that they seem to be separated (or am I just all mixed up here?)  this seems like it could be a great move.

Either way, I am glad that they are back, and really want them to be outstanding and to succeed.

classe owned by sound united (same crowd that does denon and marantz) hope they properly rebirth classe. but good to see the michi thing happening... i wonder if there will be a top end michi player to match ... 

• Like 1

On 26/08/2019 at 8:15 PM, mattd2308 said:

Bit Cambridge Audio "Edge"-ish look.

There some serious looking gear out there, just off topic, I peruse AV show Reports on youtube, and the amount of gear shown is eye watering, brands Ive never heard of. 

Obviously a market for it though, might one day get over to Munich High End.

Pity Denon or Marantz don't release something unique like this.

Marantz KI Series is leaps & bounds ahead of their "usual"! Marantz never had a more knowledgeable person in the ideas & build trust bank than "K"en "I"shiwata. They were his creation to his specs & the components that I owned that had his signature on them were very good considering.

• Like 1

I was surprised and pleased that Rotel’s Managing Director Peter Kao (Kao’s great uncle founded Rotel) and Daren Orth CTO were at the Australian launch.  This represents a good sign.  Rotel seem to think that Australia is not a back-water to be ignored, and that they can do sufficient business here with the Michi series. 

Thank you Rotel for reintroducing this series and for not considering us an irrelevance.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Had a listen today on a pair of 805’s, pretty similar to what I’m used to at home but I may get a pair in the future. 

6E823F6C-6FE3-4BC7-A912-1E57F21C3173.jpeg

95FE7A89-B5E7-4A80-A726-B46DC872AC0A.jpeg

F832E0AD-CD39-4E36-AE8C-378163C51897.jpeg

Edited by Sime

4 hours ago, Sime said:

Had a listen today on a pair of 805’s, pretty similar to what I’m used to at home but I may get a pair in the future. 

6E823F6C-6FE3-4BC7-A912-1E57F21C3173.jpeg

95FE7A89-B5E7-4A80-A726-B46DC872AC0A.jpeg

F832E0AD-CD39-4E36-AE8C-378163C51897.jpeg

I hope can get hold of the pre as well to check out vs your AV processor :) the michi pre looks like some pretty serious stuff under the hood :)

15 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I hope can get hold of the pre as well to check out vs your AV processor :) the michi pre looks like some pretty serious stuff under the hood :)

If I was to buy these, it would be specifically with the Marantz. The sound was very similar to what I get at home, so I have to put the Michi in my system (amp) to see if the 10-20k would be beneficial. I’m guessing it most likely won’t. 
I heard the pre today, but I need bass management, so the marantz will suffice.