Yamaha 85 series

Hi guys,

Need a new amp. What are your thoughts on the 85 series Yamaha models? I’d like

to use the musiccast throughout the house. I’d also like to use the wireless rear speaker option.

any feedback and opinions would be awesome.

thanks,

andrew

The 85 series works very well. I especially like the Music Cast and the manual parametric EQs for simple room correction. It has Atmos.

I'm upgrading my V685 (it's only a couple of weeks old) so if you're interested let me know before I list it in the classifieds.

Edited by sfdoddsy

I'm looking at this deal, https://eastwoodhifi.com.au/yamaha-rxv3085-av-receiver.htm

Thoughts? 

I like the balanced in and balanced out front front channels. Has eARC and can do 7.2.4 (with extra amp) and all 7 HDMI 2.0 ports. Pretty much all the things I want. I also have a Music Cast speaker that would be nice to able to use in tandem. Is YPAO-RSC any good now days?

I'm not sure I'm being seduced by $1000 off as most places have it listed for the sameish price. I have been eye-balling the Marantz SR6013 or DENON AVRX3500H but they are starting to get more expensive.

I currently have a Onkyo 656 that is doing a fine job, but I really want pre-outs to simplify music and movie life.

Cheers

Take particular note that the latest series of Yamaha dolby atmos receivers can only work with their new musiccast 20 and 50 wireless surround speakers.

The previous generation of wx-010 and wx-030 wireless surround are not compatible with the new musiccast wireless surround protocol. 

And the problem is - once the receivers are setup for wireless surround operation, they will be limited to 5.1-ch configuration only. No more dolby atmos!!!

Edited by jeromelang
  • Like 1

Yamaha traditionally padded down the signal levels by 6dB coming in/going out via balanced XLR outputs. 

On their higher end a-s amplifiers and cd-s players they offer a choice to dis-engage the attenuation circuits or not. There is no such choices on the receivers, if I'm not wrong. 

Edited by jeromelang
  • Like 1