Syrot

SOLD: FS: MARANTZ MA500 MONOBLOCK POWER AMPS x 2

Item: MARANTZ MA500 MONO POWER AMPS x 2.  THX certified versions.
Price:  $375 for both or $200 each.
Item Condition: Excellent - 9/10
Reason for selling: Too many amps
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: 

The Marantz MA500 mono (single channel) amplifier is designed for high quality systems.  Great sounding amps.  Have original boxes and can post at buyers cost.

Offering high power into 8 or 4 ohm loads, the MA500 can deliver high performance even with the most demanding signal conditions.  Built tough and Made in Japan.

Rated Power            125W / 8 ohms
                                        180W / 4 ohms
    THD    <0.05% @ 8 ohms
    <0.09% @ 4 ohms
    Input Sensitivity/Impedance    1.0Vrms / 30K ohms
    Frequency response    10 ~ 100K (-1dB 1 Watt)
    Signal to Noise Ratio    >116dB
    Damping Factor (8 Ohms)    200
    Power Requirement  240V / 120 V AC, 
    Power Consumption (Full Power at 8 ohms)    230 Watts
    Weight 6.0 kg (each)
    Dimensions: 84 x 132 x 450mm

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_20190820_201528.jpg

IMG_20190820_201557.jpg

IMG_20190820_201537.jpg

Posted (edited)

Not sure the exact vintage, but I got them early 200Xs. Were driving VAF DC-X, then relegated to rear speaker duties driving Dali Fazon satellites.

Edited by Syrot

Posted (edited)

These would be mid to late 1990s. You could even buy 6 of them for a 5.1 system! 

These look in exceptional condition for a great price,  wish I had the room!

GLWTS. 

Edited by mkaramazov

Great little mono blocks, very capable and flexible.  Was using 5 of these earlier this year while my Elektra amp at Arthur for upgrade. Able to use one of each to drive the fronts BW803 and Htm4 center, later bridged the mono having 4 to drive the front, sounds even better, and 1 for the center. Then changed to using 4 to drive the ceiling Atmos speakers and 1 for center when using with the NAD 388. Very musical, effortless and clean sound. They are all in storage ever since I got the Elektra back, maybe bring them out one day when 15 channels processors are more affordable.  GLWTS

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Josh Ballard
      Item: marantz pm8000 Black
      Price: 750
      Item Condition: Good. No marks
      Reason for selling: Upgrading
      Extra Info:

Great amp, used it to power some B&W 603 S3s and was very pleased with the warm midrange and delicate highs. 

specs:
      Power output: 95 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
      Frequency response: 10Hz to 50kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.03%
      Damping factor: 150
      Input sensitivity: 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 85dB (MM), 109dB (line)
      Channel separation: 70dB (line) 
      Switchable class A switch 

• By HiFi-Man
      Item: Marantz 2325
      Price: $2800 firm
      Item Condition: Better than brand new  
      Reason for selling: Need $, Moved to valve.
      Payment Method: Cash, Paypal as friend or covering paypal fees, Bank transfer
      Extra Info:
      This unit is fully recapped. Its not just recapping, I have paid attention to everything in the unit to make it perfect and make it one of the best 2325 around the globe . I never thought that I will let it go at some point of time. And the work done was not to sell the unit but to keep it for ever with me. The result is I spent too much as I was looking for perfection. Yes I spent the asking price $2800 on top of unit's price. All the work done on this unit is fully documented by the technician. Documentation and receipts of the work can be given to the new owner. The original packing box is not in a good shape. Comes with original owners handbook. I'm sure you don't have to spend not even single dollar on this unit for many more years. Relisted: I cancelled the listing as my mind changed after listing it last time.

Video:

Photos: 

• By Believe1980s
      Item: Marantz CD6005 with Remote
      Price: $460 with bonus (32GB USB memory stick for music, and Belkin Coaxial cable)
      Item Condition: Mint, Like new, no scratch, no dust.
      Reason for selling: Upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup, COD
      What Hifi 5 stars *****
      https://www.whathifi.com/marantz/cd6005/review

The best in AUS$800-$1,200 CD Player on the market when new.  This one has been used < 200 hours (USB about 150 hours, and CD only 50 hours). Don't miss it.

Photos:

• By Arv
      Item: Marantz NR1602 A/V Receiver & Jamo Satellite Speakers + Subwoofer
      Price: $325 Reduced for Quick Sale this Weekend $250 (Firm)
      Item Condition: Used - 7.5/10
      Reason for selling: HT No Longer Required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (as a friend or +%), COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Marantz NR1602 A/V receiver used only sparingly since purchased used and works a treat. Slight cosmetic blemishes which can be seen in the photos. Remote (was bought with battery cover missing), calibration microphone, CD, FM Antenna all included.

This was connected to a Jamo centre speaker, two rear satellite speakers and subwoofer. Note sale of the Jamo speakers only includes 1 x centre speaker, 2 x rear speakers, 1 x subwoofer.

I also have a heap of Monster cable I will include in the sale. Great as a basic starter system or for smaller spaces... just add some fronts for 5.1! I also have a Monster 4 port power board which I can include for another $50.

Wanting to sell as a complete package but drop me a message with your offer.

Refer to the links for more info of the amplifier and speakers:

Amplifier: https://www.whathifi.com/marantz/nr1602/overview
      Jamo Speakers: https://www.jamo.com/products/a102

Photos: 

• By Max Headroom
      Item: Marantz CD6004 CD Player
      Price:  $350
      Item Condition: Like new
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: Have this fabulous  CD player sitting around not getting used. Its really very good - I put it into my system last night to test and photograph it, and I'd forgotten how good it sounded. I was so taken with the sound that I played through a couple of CD's before I stopped. Has a USB input on the front so its very versatile, and can be used as a transport. Also allows you to switch off the USB input, display and digital outputs to improve the sound quality - which is the mode I use it in.

The previous model was highly lauded and reviewed, beating everything at its price point and then some. This model sports a new CD mechanism, upgraded power supply, brand new DAC, new amplifier module and a new, vibration-eliminating solid metal bottom-plate. It looks much more expensive than it is, and the quality of the case and buttons would make you think so to. 

The CD player reproduces music in a rich, detailed but dynamic way, and has a way with rhythm that is really infectious.

See What Hifi for a great review, which pretty much sums up what I think: https://www.whathifi.com/marantz/cd6004/review

Alas I have too much gear and the upgrade bug has bitten me bad so I have to clear the decks, raise some funds and say goodbye to some of this lovely gear.

Comes with a Marantz remote and a standard power cable if you need one, but I dont have the original packaging so I'm more interested in pick at this point. If you're interstate and really keen drop me a line and I might consider it depending on how much interest I get.

Donation to SNA on successful sale.