Review of TEKTON DESIGN Perfect SET 15

On 21/08/2019 at 8:52 PM, sir sanders zingmore said:

my (very limited) understanding is that the ring of tweeters combine to become the equivalent of a midrange driver.

I may be completely wrong though

Always wanted to hear Tektons. I wonder if anyone in Melbs has a pair?

If anyone has Tektons (any model) in Melbourne and willing to give a listen I'd also be really appreciative. Yes the AUD has tanked however need something to aim towards once the AUD goes back up...

• Like 1

FURTHER UPDATE (20 March 2020)

I was talking recently to another SNA member and gave him my recent findings on the Tektons:

I have gone to a whole  new level of enjoyment by controlling the powerful output of these speakers. It was much stronger than I had thought. I experimented over 2 months. First I stuffed the ports with foam bungs (swimming pool noodles, which have a hole in the centre) and more significantly, now have about 5-10 degrees of toe-out. All minor residual harshness on certain treble ranges (some forte female vocals, some percussive piano) is gone. No occasional 'boomy' bass. Plenty of loudness. My room is 'treated' (to a degree)--and now I am luxuriating in relaxed sonic bliss. Amazing.

Of course this latest outcome is entirely room and configuration dependent. Just what I'm hearing at home. Reading back on my notes I may have heard a degree of this 'powerful output' from Day 1.

Good to here an update.

I remember when i had the Tekton Lore's they were very sensitive to placement change. I found "Straight ahead" the best overall in my room. Toe in even a little cause the treble to be too in your face with certain recordings. Once i had that sorted it was just how far off the wall to get the bass sorted. 

I do miss them....

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2020 at 9:12 PM, wen said:

@Braddles 63 what amp were you driving the Lores with?

I had all bases covered with the lore's.

Luxman 80w integrated

Emotiva XPA 250W poweramp

Transformatic Aries 6W valve amp.

Aries was the best combo. Need my head read for selling them.

Edited by Braddles 63