MOFI SNAFU

24 minutes ago, Goatboy said:

MOFI promptly responded and agreed to send replacement sleeves and vinyl at no charge. This is the result I was looking for, and hopefully the replacements are in decent shape. 

Well done! Here's hoping the replacement is a good 'un!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Considering the price locally would've been almost the same, my question was to garner an idea as to why the OP bought his copy overseas. He has answered my question.

Considering he now has an issue, a local purchase may have yielded a quicker and more immediate turnaround.

Your reaction to my question seems to matter more. To you.

Nah mate. Your question was irrelevant to the OP's problem.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BLAH BLAH said:

No wonder they are numbered....ahhh could employee 1600/1700 come to the office please...

Based on other crappy pressings I’ve bought, I’m suspecting employee 1600 is moonlighting at a few record companies !

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Goatboy said:

Based on other crappy pressings I’ve bought, I’m suspecting employee 1600 is moonlighting at a few record companies !

employee 1600 is probably the brains behind paper inners..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/08/2019 at 8:01 AM, Goatboy said:

MOFI promptly responded and agreed to send replacement sleeves and vinyl at no charge. This is the result I was looking for, and hopefully the replacements are in decent shape. 

For (hopefully) some good news...

Mine plays flawlessly (got the chance to listen through last night)... so hopefully yours is an aberration and you have the replacements soon.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2019 at 4:11 PM, Goatboy said:

I’ve missed out on a couple of MOFI titles when ordering locally. Given the run for these that probably wasn’t an issue, however I was also hoping to get a low number copy. Not that that happened either. Lol. 

I completely understand and can relate to that but I'll send it back. I cope with a lot but that is just too much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, furtherpale said:

Any update?

Just yesterday I received a shipping notice from Music Direct for the replacements.

Only recently realised there’s a business connection between MOFI and Music Direct. Apparently Music Direct bought MOFI’s assets in 2001 post bankruptcy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received the replacement record. In the end my RCM was able to clear up LP2 and there is no audible damage. 

The replacement vinyl wasn’t pristine, but it plays fine. 

Now awaiting new sleeves. 

I wasn’t asked to send anything back and MOFI are eating the shipping costs. From comments across forums these issues aren’t rare, so it must be eating into MOFI’s profitability. 

• Like 1