MOFI SNAFU

Today I received my MOFI one step of ‘Blood on the Tracks’. The covers are scufffed and the vinyl looks like something from a $2 dollar bin. With shipping, this is around a AU$250 purchase.

My RCM sorted the smudges and detritus but damage to the vinyl remains, and it’s audible. 

While the pressing is outstanding, it doesn’t make up for the appalling quality control. And this isn’t my first rodeo with faulty MOFI products.

Not happy Jan !

D3BC0F7D-04CF-47E5-AB4E-934552A0EE9D.jpeg

3824B1E1-49FE-4410-AB17-251EFE7E7C1C.jpeg

77327A08-C21B-4AE0-A91B-C7961B031AA7.jpeg

51342C57-D903-453F-8222-DC8B2724C91D.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Any reason you didn't order locally? RRP is $265 here.

I’ve missed out on a couple of MOFI titles when ordering locally. Given the run for these that probably wasn’t an issue, however I was also hoping to get a low number copy. Not that that happened either. Lol. 

Paranioa in me says all the rubbishy returns the Yanks get from their local markets get resent here hoping the cost of postage deters returns!

But either way....that is appalling rubbish to send out to a customer!

After seeing that will not buy any Vinyl from them by post ever!

Edited by BLAH BLAH
  • Like 1

Wow, I just ordered this and the new thelonius Monk one from MOFI (not released yet).   Hopefully I don’t get this issue.  So far have all in the series none with issues.  Some bought locally some bought directly from MOFI.

sometimes when I see those super scratched premium items I think a disgruntled employee has done that on purpose, (pay or job protest?) rather than manufacturing process issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tim D said:

Send it back!

I get annoyed when I open a brand new record and find dust on it already, let alone scratches...

Grrrr

Hopefully you can send the photographs and you don’t need to send back as proof.  Have you bought successfully previously from MOFI?

@Goatboy What was the number of the bob Dylan?

3 hours ago, Goatboy said:

Today I received my MOFI one step of ‘Blood on the Tracks’. The covers are scufffed and the vinyl looks like something from a $2 dollar bin. With shipping, this is around a AU$250 purchase.

My RCM sorted the smudges and detritus but damage to the vinyl remains, and it’s audible. 

While the pressing is outstanding, it doesn’t make up for the appalling quality control. And this isn’t my first rodeo with faulty MOFI products.

Not happy Jan !

D3BC0F7D-04CF-47E5-AB4E-934552A0EE9D.jpeg

3824B1E1-49FE-4410-AB17-251EFE7E7C1C.jpeg

77327A08-C21B-4AE0-A91B-C7961B031AA7.jpeg

51342C57-D903-453F-8222-DC8B2724C91D.jpeg

that is crazy - Looks like a bad GZ vinyl pressing.     

Did it come in the usual audiophool mofi poly inner sleeve?   It should be pristine.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, metal beat said:

that is crazy - Looks like a bad GZ vinyl pressing.     

Did it come in the usual audiophool mofi poly inner sleeve?   It should be pristine.

Yep, the usual MOFI sleeves. The boxes are packed well and sealed, but the QC clearly isn’t up to scratch. Apparently they’re pressed at RTI. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

I received my copy on Monday.

The sleeves have minor scuffing (I personally don’t care, but I understand why others do).

I had no detritus issues and the playback is flawless.

I hope MoFi rectifies yours ASAP.

EA87895D-AF7E-43A2-AEB3-90EC1E6A3F48.jpeg

Cool that your copy is in good nick. I spun it today and it’s a great recording. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goatboy said:

Number is 1347. 

I also noticed mine shipped a good week later than US residents’ copies.

Almost makes me want to do some sort of unboxing video as proof each time I open one

lol, I hate the whole concept of unboxing videos.

3 hours ago, Wimbo said:

Does it matter??

Considering the price locally would've been almost the same, my question was to garner an idea as to why the OP bought his copy overseas. He has answered my question.

Considering he now has an issue, a local purchase may have yielded a quicker and more immediate turnaround.

Your reaction to my question seems to matter more. To you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Demondes said:

Wow, I just ordered this and the new thelonius Monk one from MOFI (not released yet).   Hopefully I don’t get this issue.  So far have all in the series none with issues.  Some bought locally some bought directly from MOFI.

sometimes when I see those super scratched premium items I think a disgruntled employee has done that on purpose, (pay or job protest?) rather than manufacturing process issue.

No wonder they are numbered....ahhh could employee 1600/1700 come to the office please...

Edited by BLAH BLAH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1