FS: Rebuilt 1962 Denon Nippon Columbia 12ay7/6072 Valve Phono-stage, SUT & Separate Valve Rectified Power Supply (Price Drop)

Item: Rebuilt 1962 Denon Nippon Columbia 12ay7/6072 Valve Phono-stage, SUT & Separate Valve Rectified Power Supply (Price Drop)
Price: $4,250.00 $3,900.00 AUD 
Item Condition: Vintage refurbished 100V Step-down Transformer Required
Reason for selling: I have 2 & keeping 1 forever  
Payment Method: Pickup - International Delivery - Cash, Paypal, COD
Extra Info: 1962 Denon Nippon Columbia Valve 12ay7/6072 Phono-stage model AP - D78A including a switchable pair of Tamura 351 moving coil step up transformers separate valve rectified power supply. 

This is as rare as high quality usable vintage audio equipment gets. 

Originally built in the early 1960's and designed for radio station broadcast use, matched with the Denon 103 moving coil cartridge (still in production today). The specs for this phono stage work with many quality cartridges including Denon, EMT, Koetsu & others, easy to match. 

The circuit is updated using an Audio Note design to provide the dynamics & bandwidth demanded by modern audio systems & recordings. The undeniable fact is "they knew how to wind transformers back then". High quality audio grade components used throughout including Audionote capacitors. The sound is spectacular. The definition is razor sharp but never brittle or fatiguing. Bass slam is stunning. This is the total package. 

I have owned many systems but never before have I honestly said the speakers disappear. In one recording the conga player was 2 x meters outside & beyond the right speaker (system dependent). 

A superb moving magnet valve phono-stage, combine that with a switchable pair of original 351 Tamura moving coil step transformers worth well over $500.00 & this is a giant killer. In a recent audition it spanked a new phono-stage worth more than twice the asking price. 

It comes with the best of the best balanced GE triple mica blackplate 12ay7/6072 tubes, also spare sets of GE greyplates & the second best a set of NOS balanced RCA 12ay7. High quality NOS Philips rectifier. I will throw in some new production tubes as well. Over $600.00 worth of tubes. 

Only selling as I built 2 & will be keeping the other one forever. Grab a once in a lifetime chance to own a modernized piece of audio equipment history & then settle back to hear what your record collection was supposed to sound like........

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Photos: 

Denon.jpg

20190121_121203.jpg

20190121_125102.jpg

20190121_121210.jpg

20190121_121351.jpg

2-Copy.jpg

Audio-enclosure-naked.jpg

Edited July 7 by Beeman

Edited by Beeman
Electrical disclaimer added

Hi

The SUT's are the 2 x black cylinders located on the end of the phono stage. They have dedicated toggle switches that allow them to be used for MC cartridges or can be switched out of the system to play MM. Please see the photo attached of the unpainted SUT's circuit diagram. I think they are 1:10. Plenty of gain for a Denon 103R or EMT MC.

There is one switchable input on this unit but I may be convinced to sell my ECC88 version that has both MC or MM inputs. PM me to discuss offline.  

04231623_5cbfba88d69f8.jpg

20190520_154231.jpg.8ac3e2a54b2932d19554c319640680b4.jpg

Edited by Beeman