SOLD: FS: Audio Aero Capitole CD Player (for parts or rebuild)

SOLD

Item: Audio Aero Capitole CD Player (for parts or rebuild)
Price: $150 or offer
Item Condition: Good cosmetic condition
Reason for selling: Another project which will never be undertaken
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Deposit, COD Only
Extra Info: One of the legendary CD Players.  Highly regarded when it came out for its extreme musicality and 'analog' like sound.

This player is for parts or rebuild only.  Its missing its transport mechanism.  I bought this player from a  mate a couple of years ago as spares for my Audio Aero Capitole MKii.  I didn't realise the players have different mechanisms so this earlier original Audio Aero Capitole (MKi) would not make a suitable donor so it has sat in a cupboard the entire time I've owned it.  When i bought it from my mate it had beens sitting under his bed for some years.  The mechanism is missing because he mentioned the laser failed, the mechanism was sent to the agent (Greg Osborn) to get a replacement fitted and Audio Aero went into receivership and stopped trading for a time so no mechanism ever eventuated.

You may be able to use the digital inputs, may be able to use parts, may be able to source another mechanism.  But its sold as parts only.

Really nicely made chassis.  Probably has some interesting parts inside.  Super heavy top loading player that may be of interest to someone.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

audio aero1.JPG

audio aero 2.JPG

audio aero 3.JPG

audio aero 4.JPG

audio aero 5.JPG

• Like 1

Maybe Tony, maybe even me if I had more info on this.

I do have a spare VAM-1254 mech (otherwise known as CDM-PRO 2) ex. Electrocompaniet EMC-1 UP, but there is more to it.

It all depends on how much was removed. Just the mech or some CD player specific parts too (long chassis assembly) and also what is the electrical interface like.

If I could examine it in details, then perhaps it would be a goer.

pm sent with an offer

• Like 1