Sign in to follow this  
cafe67

Danger Close

Saw it today -pretty good 

bit clunky at first , with few cliches and stereotypes. 

Not too too familar with the history of all, but seems a lot of political infighting and bickering amongst  to the officers/soldiers , not sure how accurate that is? 

Once tho the fighting starts, the movies does shift into gear and the battle scenes are well done, not too Hollywood over the top or ecessive FX , just straight forward , brutal ( but not too gratuitous) and confusing. Sounds of the battle /weapons are well done and be a Subwoofer work out for some. 

Soundtrack was pretty good and atmospheric. 

Interesting to see a lot of new Aussie actors with a smattering of old ones. 

Poingnant moment in the credit where the link the actor to character played, while "I was only 19 " is played.

Edited by cafe67

Saw it just now based on Cafe's recommendation. Really enjoyed it and the use of pipe organ was an excellent choice for the menacing background music. Very well made and is up there with the best for war like action sequences.

Still find it weird hearing aussie accents throughout though. Fav characters were the burly New Zealanders manning the heavy artillery and the Scott who never lost his sense of humour irrespective of what was going on. Recommended.

@Tubularbells

yes the ost was pretty good, didn't recognise the artist.

reading through one line info a lot of things made sense or did in fact happen - little patti was there and the helicopters were able to be used to drop the ammo, both pilots receiving medals. 

i was stumped why some of infantry spoke kiwi, till I realise they were the forward artillery observers for the kiwi howizters. 

Watched the blu ray last night on the projector / atmos setup. Great story. Some incredible low frequency effects in it too.

On 18/08/2019 at 7:14 PM, cafe67 said:

Saw it today -pretty good 

bit clunky at first , with few cliches and stereotypes. 

Not too too familar with the history of all, but seems a lot of political infighting and bickering amongst  to the officers/soldiers , not sure how accurate that is? 

Once tho the fighting starts, the movies does shift into gear and the battle scenes are well done, not too Hollywood over the top or ecessive FX , just straight forward , brutal ( but not too gratuitous) and confusing. Sounds of the battle /weapons are well done and be a Subwoofer work out for some. 

Soundtrack was pretty good and atmospheric. 

Interesting to see a lot of new Aussie actors with a smattering of old ones. 

Poingnant moment in the credit where the link the actor to character played, while "I was only 19 " is played.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll watch tonight.

Indeed one will look to grab, I see in searches it’s one been snubbed by the local film awards ! Best ways to encourage local film industry :D 

P

25 minutes ago, betty boop said:

Indeed one will look to grab, I see in searches it’s one been snubbed by the local film awards ! Best ways to encourage local film industry :D 

Probably not PC enough 

finally watched this the other evening. great stuff :) fantastic the movie was made....we need more of these aussie productions :)