andrewyuri

SOLD: FS: ALO Headphone Amplifier

Item:  ALO Studio Six Headphone Amp
Price: $3,950 plus postage and fees
Item Condition: Perfect, like new.
Reason for selling: NLRgone back to a speaker system
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank transfer
Extra Info:

Well  here it is - one of the grand-daddies of headphone amplifiers.  The ALO Studio Six is all valve from start to finish, hand-made and employs point to point wiring.  I bought it eleven months ago thinking that I was going to be limited to headphone listening only, but now circumstances have changed and I am going back to a speaker based system.  That said, I have loved listening to music through this system knowing that it's quality is of the highest order.

One can use many superlatives when describing this amp and they all apply. It's an Incredibly powerful yet nuanced and detailed SET amp with an amazing soundstage.  It is a tube rollers delight and I also have several best of breed tubes that I will be selling separately. Don't be concerned that the headphone jacks are single ended with no balanced  outputs.  I compared this to a Woo Audio running balanced connection into my Sennheiser HD800S and, in my opinion the ALO came out streets ahead.  It clearly had more body, a lower noise floor and of course that SET signature.  There are also four headphone sockets so the amp can drive four sets of cans simultaneously without any loss of sound quality - perfect for shared listening and GTGs.  For those who play vinyl, ALO make a matching phono stage which can be powered off the amps high quality power supply.

This amp has been looked after meticulously in a pet-free, child-free home; it's never been over-driven or abused.  This would be a terrific alternative to buying a new amplifier.  Current RRP is $5.649 and with the falling Aus dollar, this is likely to get higher. The amp will be sold with the original valve set, all of which are unused apart from initial testing.

Photos: 

IMG_1787.thumb.jpeg.aa39e23c9bb7c0a340afe87832d66b4b.jpeg

IMG_1788.thumb.jpeg.d813092f50510a59a2b096944b3e24bc.jpeg

IMG_1792.thumb.jpeg.16ac596677ca6bbcc8bd25f781b7005c.jpeg

IMG_1789.thumb.jpeg.a7e51f6495b0059f68f5900ba2bc3cad.jpeg

IMG_1790.thumb.jpeg.2c1f171941bb33c52bde3625e776d55b.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg

Sweet amp!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mike13
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: Not used Further information:
      I bought this in December last year to go with my Campfire Audio Andromedas (also for sale). This was a good upgrade (and I was a bit of a cable sceptic) and a great pairing. Campfire Audio started by making cables, I think, before adding IEMs.

The cable has MMCX connectors that can also be used on Shure SE846, SE535, Westone.

The new version of this is $599rrp at A2A.

Can discount if bought with Andromedas: 
      https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/322998-fs-campfire-audio-andromeda-iem/

• By alexb
      Price: $700 Item Condition: Mint in original packaging Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Paypal (buyer pays all transaction fees and postage) Reason for selling: Selling headphone rig Mint condition, used infrequently and battery always kept charged. Legendary performance. Comes with original box and accessories including charger, USB cable, booklet, rubber strap bands for stacking with other devices, international power adaptors.

Upgraded to Mullard 6021 and Sonotube tubes (great improvement over stock tubes).

At the front: 3.5mm single ended headphone output; 5 LED sample rate indicator for DSD64 (white), 88.2kHz/96kHz (blue), 176.4kHz/192kHz (green) and 44.1/48kHz (red); a volume potentiometer (also serves as on/off switch); power LED indicator; high and low gain switch and 2.5mm balanced headphone output.

At the rear: 3.5mm fixed 2Vrms analog output signal (straight from DAC); power/charging connection; micro USB digital input; input switch allowing you to choose from digital or analog input sources; a 2.5mm balanced input; and a 3.5mm single ended input.

Dimensions: 145mm x 25mm x 82mm / 5.75″ x 1″ x 3.25″ RMS per channel, both channels driven: Single Ended: 80mW into 32 ohms 95mW into 50 ohms 75mW into 150 ohms 60mW into 300 ohms Balanced: 125mW into 32 ohms 145mW into 50 ohms 110mW into 150 ohms 95mW into 300 ohms Input impedance SE: 10k Input impedance BAL: 50k Output impedance SE and BAL: < 1 Ohm
      Photos:

• By Yuhuo
      Hi guys,

After the Alo gateway or passport by themselves. Doesn't really matter if the passport won't hold its battery charge, as long as it still can still process the power for the amp.
      Or
      trade my Alo Panam + a bit of cash for a Woo wa3
      Extra info: in Brisbane, got stock and Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV tubes for the pan am

thanks,
      Yuhuo
    • By bebop
      Item: ALO Pan Am Head Amp/DAC
      Price Range: Depending on condition and accessories
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: Looking for an ALO Pan Am headphone amp. Let me know if you have one for sale.

• By bebop
      Hi all,

I'm looking for an ALO The Island head amp/DAC. If you have one that you have for sale, please let me know.

Cheers
      Bebop