SOLD: FS: ALO Headphone Amplifier

SOLD

Item:  ALO Studio Six Headphone Amp
Price: $3,950 plus postage and fees
Item Condition: Perfect, like new.
Reason for selling: NLRgone back to a speaker system
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank transfer
Extra Info:

Well  here it is - one of the grand-daddies of headphone amplifiers.  The ALO Studio Six is all valve from start to finish, hand-made and employs point to point wiring.  I bought it eleven months ago thinking that I was going to be limited to headphone listening only, but now circumstances have changed and I am going back to a speaker based system.  That said, I have loved listening to music through this system knowing that it's quality is of the highest order.

One can use many superlatives when describing this amp and they all apply. It's an Incredibly powerful yet nuanced and detailed SET amp with an amazing soundstage.  It is a tube rollers delight and I also have several best of breed tubes that I will be selling separately. Don't be concerned that the headphone jacks are single ended with no balanced  outputs.  I compared this to a Woo Audio running balanced connection into my Sennheiser HD800S and, in my opinion the ALO came out streets ahead.  It clearly had more body, a lower noise floor and of course that SET signature.  There are also four headphone sockets so the amp can drive four sets of cans simultaneously without any loss of sound quality - perfect for shared listening and GTGs.  For those who play vinyl, ALO make a matching phono stage which can be powered off the amps high quality power supply.

This amp has been looked after meticulously in a pet-free, child-free home; it's never been over-driven or abused.  This would be a terrific alternative to buying a new amplifier.  Current RRP is $5.649 and with the falling Aus dollar, this is likely to get higher. The amp will be sold with the original valve set, all of which are unused apart from initial testing.

Photos: 

IMG_1787.thumb.jpeg.aa39e23c9bb7c0a340afe87832d66b4b.jpeg

IMG_1788.thumb.jpeg.d813092f50510a59a2b096944b3e24bc.jpeg

IMG_1792.thumb.jpeg.16ac596677ca6bbcc8bd25f781b7005c.jpeg

IMG_1789.thumb.jpeg.a7e51f6495b0059f68f5900ba2bc3cad.jpeg

IMG_1790.thumb.jpeg.2c1f171941bb33c52bde3625e776d55b.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1