Sign in to follow this  
Bookaboo

FS: Amber 70i Integrated Amplifier

Posted (edited)

IMG_0313.thumb.jpg.661f288597656176591bd3e3e491bf9d.jpgIMG_0316.thumb.jpg.54db3940edc09748a35f6db458d9fe77.jpgItem: Amber 70i Amplifier
Price: $360 $340
Item Condition: Mint
Reason for selling: Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Bought this several weeks ago on the forum for $220 with one channel blown (my fault, shorted out the speaker cable) Just had it serviced by DR Sound in Mulgrave and it is working beautifully. One of the best amps I have heard at this or any price up to $2000 justifying its original RRP of $1599 back in the day. Selling as I have other amps and this one doesn't have a phono stage. Looking to recoup cost of purchase plus the $140 service fee. Still a cheap price for these and it has a clean bill of health from the Doctor!

Made in Melbourne

70w per side

Quality build and components.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Edited by Bookaboo

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By john.reekie
      Item: Rega RP40, no TT PSU
      Price: $600 pickup
      Item Condition: See below
      Reason for selling: Bought a new table
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info:

This is the 40th anniversary edition of the Rega Planar 3. More info here (PDF): http://www.livingsound.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Rega-RP40-Anniversary-Information-Sheet.pdf

The TT PSU on this table blew, so I wired in a connector for the low voltage 24V supply with a series resistor to drop the voltage a bit. It works fine on 33RPM, and I wasn't able to tell any difference to before.

I think the cartridge needs replacing, as I can't get it distortion-free in the inner grooves. The wallwart doesn't say Rega on it (24V, 0.35A), but that's what I got with it.

Given that it's already incomplete, I'm wondering if there'd be interest in the parts e.g. RB303 arm, 24V motor, glass platter etc. I'm thinking maybe this would be a good deal for people looking to upgrade with those parts, and/or get a plinth for a project etc. Please post here in the thread if so (will be too hard to keep track of in PM). Also please ask specific questions in the thread if there's something you want me to check, as I haven't used the table in some time.

Thanks for looking

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
      This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Photos:

• By jackrinse
      Item: Sonus Faber Grand Pianos with Walnut sides
      Price: $2900
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling: purchased more Harbeths
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I have the original boxes
      Photos: 

• By Wondering
      Item:  AudioTechnology Flexunits  8 I 52 20 08 SD in C-quenze basket
      Price:  $450 for pair
      Item Condition:  Very good
      Reason for selling:  Not being used
      Payment Method:  Direct deposit, Cash
      Extra Info:

I bought these for a project that never eventuated and it's time to pass them on.  AudioTechnology has a strong reputation as a premium driver manufacturer.  And they come with a very high price tag to match.

These units have been previously used by a member here but were described as like new.  There are some marks where the drivers have been screwed into the cabinet and a graze on the visible surface of one driver.  See photo.

More information here - www.rkbindustrial.com/Download/Flexunits_8_I_52_20_08_SD.pdf

Can be posted at buyers cost.

Photos:

• By lucius72
      Item: YAMAHA DSP-A1 AV Receiver/Amplifier
      Price: $650
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

This is the Yamaha DSP-A1 in the beautiful gold colour with polished wooden sides. It’s in very nice condition both cosmetically and technically. It’s in spotless condition. The original price was almost $5000 new.
      It comes with the original backlit remote and manual.
      It can be used in a 7 speaker configuration but also in stereo mode and it is one of the best receivers I heard. It can be used with the included DSP modes but also without them in direct mode. The bass is one of the best. I used it in the digital configuration (optical) and again the internal dac is very good too.

Mains - 110W + 110W
      Centre - 110W
      Rears - 110W + 110W
      Fronts - 35W + 35W

- Digital sound field processor

- Dolby digital AC-3 decoder

- Dolby  Pro Logic surround decoder

- DTS Decoder

- Cinema DSP

- Auto input balance control for Dolby Pro Logic Surround

- Test tone generator

- Backlight learning remote control

I can post it at the buyer expense. It will be double boxed.

• By cheekyboy
      Item: Brinkmann EMT ti phono cartridge
      Price: $1,750.00 $1,500.00 [RRP $6k] 
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Funding upgrade
      Payment Method: Cash or EFT.
      Extra Info: This is my personal cartridge that I had completely rebuilt in late 2016. It has just under 500 hours use since that rebuild. I really love the sound reproduction from this cartridge, especially when coupled with my Brinkmann 10.5 tonearm, but I want to try an alternative cartridge and I unfortunately can't afford to keep the Brinkmann EMT ti.
      You can read a Stereophile review here.