Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
cafe67

Kia Seltos

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Odd name apart , seems to be good pre- reviews. Be interesting to see one in the flesh , if you are in the market for such a car 

 

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/new-cars/kia-reveals-new-game-changing-seltos-small-suv/news-story/052e79aa604c3facbbfbf28ffa1db206

 

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/kia-seltos-full-australian-details-119678/

 

Edited by cafe67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m looking forward to checking one of these out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

I’m looking forward to checking one of these out. 

Have to wait till October.   $26k drive away is what I’m looking for.   Standard from basic is good to...  might check out the Kia range too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think ill look at the sport plus+. The 1,6 turbo, 7 spd and 4wd is enticing , be interesting  to see just how big they are in the flesh. 

Edited by cafe67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
On 17/08/2019 at 5:36 AM, Addicted to music said:

Have to wait till October.   $26k drive away is what I’m looking for.   Standard from basic is good to...  might check out the Kia range too.

Just read your other thread about new car. Ive owned 1 other kia a proceed gt loved and tbe build quality was exceptional. But 2 doors and manual became a pain ( wife cant drive manual) traded it on a suzuki vitara turbo, liked the car as such but the build quality was so-so and the after sales service atrocious. Traded that on a hyundai i30sr back to a much better build quality and servicing. 

 

Wife owns a late build 2016 hyundai veloster could not be happier and daughter last year bought a new accent - could not be beaten for value and features. 

 

Id happlily buy another hyundai or kia , love the  looks of the new g70 

Edited by cafe67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought the base model of one of these today. Great car for the Missus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 17/08/2019 at 9:43 AM, cafe67 said:

Just read your other thread about new car. Ive owned 1 other kia a proceed gt loved and tbe build quality was exceptional. But 2 doors and manual became a pain ( wife cant drive manual) traded it on a suzuki vitara turbo, liked the car as such but the build quality was so-so and the after sales service atrocious. Traded that on a hyundai i30sr back to a much better build quality and servicing. 

 

Wife owns a late build 2016 hyundai veloster could not be happier and daughter last year bought a new accent - could not be beaten for value and features. 

 

Id happlily buy another hyundai or kia , love the  looks of the new g70 

Just got back from a trip to Korea for beautiful autumn foliage experience. While in Jeju island, my rental car was G70 2L turbo, at an amazing price of $60 per day for 4 days. When I picked it up, it already clocked 60k+ on speedometer but no rattles could be heard. Since my mother in law was travelling with us, I really couldn't push it to the limits, but whenever there was an opportunity to do so, I did push the car especially on twisty roads. It really handled well .  My only complaints would be, it is bit thirsty, limited rear seat leg room space for adults and infortainment look dated, otherwise, it is a perfect getaway car for couples. As car reviewers pointed out, plenty of torque was on tap from just above 2000 rpm and loved the sound from the exhaust. Next time, I should try Kia Stinger AWD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sime said:

I just bought the base model of one of these today. Great car for the Missus. 

Nice , still a bit scarce here in WA, but I'd like to try a sport+ with the 1.6 turbo, but also a Gatling to see if the luxury bits are worth 

 

did you get the bright yellow ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cafe67 we got a Snow Pearl white, wouldn’t be able to get a yellow till December, but the white is really nice. 

But……………………came up with a small problem when we came home. 
During the day, the  phrase ”Safety Pack” had popped up but didn’t pay to much attention to it, but as it turned out, the car we drove was an S model with safty pack, but the car we ordered was only an S. Safety pack includes Smart adaptive Cruise control, electric parking brake, larger rear discs and some other stuff for 1k extra, so it’s a good deal, but there’s limited stock. As soon as I had an incling about the difference, I rang the salesman up about it but he wasn’t overly sure about the difference, he thought they all come with Smart Cruise etc, I blame that on the fact they have only been out since Friday here and he may have just not thought about it (he’s a nice chap, bought my Stinger from him) but we have signed for an S to be delievered on Thursday. So first thing tomorrow morn, now that I’m up to speed on the differences, I’ll call him and find out if we can change to a safety pack model and when one may be available. 
 

I think Smart Cruise and electronic parking brakes are worth it. 
 

This is the safety pack:

 

 

84DC5994-2389-46B9-85F2-F515F537E74D.jpeg

Edited by Sime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting yellow is supposed the base colour, if you want white it supposed to cost another $520.

 

yes, you have to get the sport + to have the safety pack included - you can get the sports+ in 2litre fwd for $33k or the. 1.6 turbo AWD for $37k 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, cafe67 said:

another $520.

I know this 👍

 

We are not prepared to pay for a Sport + and the car is for the missus and she’s fine with the 2lt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just changed the order to a Sport with Safety pack, Snow White. 
it arrives on the 15th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1136F64E-59CC-4A67-BC46-659FB01F19AC.jpeg

40BA4A3D-F3EC-4087-925F-8DC492B83635.jpeg

52AB4764-93F0-408F-9670-84B265703222.jpeg

B33DA73F-E6A3-4716-A44B-772984ED8F83.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sime said:

@cafe67 we got a Snow Pearl white, wouldn’t be able to get a yellow till December, but the white is really nice. 

But……………………came up with a small problem when we came home. 
During the day, the  phrase ”Safety Pack” had popped up but didn’t pay to much attention to it, but as it turned out, the car we drove was an S model with safty pack, but the car we ordered was only an S. Safety pack includes Smart adaptive Cruise control, electric parking brake, larger rear discs and some other stuff for 1k extra, so it’s a good deal, but there’s limited stock. As soon as I had an incling about the difference, I rang the salesman up about it but he wasn’t overly sure about the difference, he thought they all come with Smart Cruise etc, I blame that on the fact they have only been out since Friday here and he may have just not thought about it (he’s a nice chap, bought my Stinger from him) but we have signed for an S to be delievered on Thursday. So first thing tomorrow morn, now that I’m up to speed on the differences, I’ll call him and find out if we can change to a safety pack model and when one may be available. 
 

I think Smart Cruise and electronic parking brakes are worth it. 
 

This is the safety pack:

 

 

84DC5994-2389-46B9-85F2-F515F537E74D.jpeg

 

15 inch discs?? Heavens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...