keys1234

Malotki E-4M CD line transformer 1:1 - Extremely Rare

Item:  Malotki E-4M CD line transformer 1:1
Price:  $650
Item Condition: See below
Reason for selling: 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank TT

Interface transformer to improve digital sound.  Acts as a perfect buffer between digital sources and amplifier to diminish digititis. Very rare line CD transformer model E-4M manufactured by Malotki  during WW2 in Western Germany. One transformer has case and one does not have case. Both have same DCR value, matching pair. Wiring is Western Electric 50' year.

Great performance, highly recommend for CD line transformer, and for MM cartridge.  This is the kind of transformer that audio mania demands a hearing of.  Once in a lifetime sound experience . Sound is very rich and sweet and musical. Step up ratio is 1:1. Primary has CT so you can use it for XRL connection.  

EXRARE Malotki E-4M  CD line transformer 1:1

EXRARE Malotki E-4M  CD line transformer 1:1 EXRARE Malotki E-4M  CD line transformer 1:1 

Edited by keys1234

I don’t get what it does?

Edited by mwhouston

Converts SE to balanced and a bit of bandwidth limiting if the 50-4000c is to be believed. Maybe a NOS DAC or similar

might benefit as you'd filter out the ultrasonic noise prior to trying to amplify it. In my experience it's been quite dependent upon the impedances you have connected either side. Tranformers seem to get some tonal peaking or roll-off at either end depending upon the terminating impedances. They can improve imaging if you have some harmonic-type distortion going into them as they make several acoustic cues for each incident impulse, and they can thicken up the sound a little too. I have some questions for you though, Mr Houston! I'll PM you later. Some of the digital chip amps seem to like prefer being driven by balanced sources too - like the TPA3255 et al 😎

Edited by treuben

Ron

What were you using this device for? CD or phono stage?