Addicted to music

Toyota, Mazda or Subaru?

2 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Almost identical to my Ford Kuga/Escape, and the little 2 litre turbo diesel drives very sporty, and overtakes easily.

Yeah diesels are great with that instant torque kick for overtaking. Mine will tow our van which must weigh close to 1800kg fully loaded with ease. The Kuga is more an XC40 size I'd suggest. I'd say the XC60 is closer to a BMW X5 than an X3, size wise.

48 minutes ago, blybo said:

Haven't had a service yet. 12 months or 15000km intervals. I got mine in late March and close (12000km) to needing my first, so I'm on track for a service every 7-8 months, but higher use than most private owners. Compared to my V8 Commodore I'm saving around $200 a month just in fuel, so total cost of ownership has to be taken into account, not just service costs.

I'd say it is a serious step up in luxury and refinement over the X-Trail, which I always thought were good value but pretty agricultural. It's even a serious step up from my top of the range Commodore Wagon in everything except power and boot space, but the Commodore was actually overkill for my storage needs.

My only gripes so far is the occasional pause on takeoff which seems common on modern turbo or turbo diesel autos. Satnav also makes some occasional weird decisions that my last couple of Aussie built cars wouldn't. Perhaps there are some drill down menu options I need to look at, but otherwise love the interior and touch screen infotainment system. At least it does wifi or bluetooth map and app updates free of charge. Also has a native Spotify app which has a search function that the Carplay spotify doesn't, so I find little use for the Apple Carplay except for having appointments in unfamiliar areas go directly to the Apple maps app without having to enter details in the native satnav. I couldn't justify the Power pack price with the B&W/Dirac stereo, as it is bundled with stuff I didn't want, but it is the best OEM car stereo I've ever heard!

I believe Apple Car play is getting a big make over as part of iOS 13 on Friday, so that will be interesting to see the changes, as currently the Carplay resolution is inferior to native infotainment screens.

Ah, I misunderstood. For some reason I thought you had an older one. The xtrail is 2004 so a shopping cart would be more luxurious. I would be looking at an XC60 from a few years ago. Our little van is only 1200-1300kg fully laden but I like to have a bit of headroom.

1 minute ago, RankStranger said:

Our little van is only 1200-1300kg fully laden but I like to have a bit of headroom.

You wouldn't even feel it there. Although our previous V8 VF Series II SS Redline Commodore wagon had twice the power, it got tugged at by our van more than the Volvo does. Current XC60 takes 2400kg braked towing with 240kg tow ball down weight and a payload of 635kg so easy to take a few kids, luggage and van ball weight. GVM of 2500kg

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/new-cars/hyundai-venue-review-full-details-price-and-specifications-for-new-small-suv/news-story/e942d5da943f7635dc0d22baa8304ae9

hyundai Venue to hit the market, has  355lt of boot space.

Notice too what it saids about the small car segment and how sales are falling to SUVs.  This is in direct competition to Mazda Cx3 and if you start adding things like auto transmission and alloy wheels it’s starts to get pricey.

Edited by Addicted to music

To make use of a double post....😁

here are some pics on the venue....

154A5B20-754B-411D-A4BB-1F5E704DDB2A.jpeg

6A4CD299-9052-431E-8EAF-9C562D8F9BFA.jpeg

AC71CC98-D2E2-41BA-AE24-F03EC09238C8.jpeg

8D2240EF-9380-4BCE-A98F-2A1D86432EDD.jpeg

Edited by Addicted to music

Checked out a Subaru Forrester.  Here one vehicle that’s value.  Starts at $38k to 47k on road.   Have everything you want including AWD.....  Others will add another $4-7k just to have the option of 4WD....  heaps of head and leg room, not a really big boot but big enough to cater. 

7B49E6CF-6286-4A38-8FB5-96DB41F6875D.jpeg

8E2A8F42-6291-48FE-9166-2F433678D0D2.jpeg

01E8D080-B5C3-472F-873B-30B5AB0E4B4E.jpeg

635FB445-9376-464D-9A25-11463B4DDF37.jpeg

DA8871B9-7783-4931-9D97-2A9D0E84F2B3.jpeg

6A4D13A6-A4C4-414D-B977-59D48C5A1D9A.jpeg

If you’re looking at the Forester take a look at the outback. More space.

15 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

To make use of a double post....😁

here are some pics on the venue....

154A5B20-754B-411D-A4BB-1F5E704DDB2A.jpeg

6A4CD299-9052-431E-8EAF-9C562D8F9BFA.jpeg

AC71CC98-D2E2-41BA-AE24-F03EC09238C8.jpeg

8D2240EF-9380-4BCE-A98F-2A1D86432EDD.jpeg

interior looks like the hard plasticky very basic kona and boot even more poky ? i am not sure why this one would even be in consideration addicted ? unless missing something ? 

2 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Checked out a Subaru Forrester.  Here one vehicle that’s value.  Starts at $38k to 47k on road.   Have everything you want including AWD.....  Others will add another $4-7k just to have the option of 4WD....  heaps of head and leg room, not a really big boot but big enough to cater. 

6A4D13A6-A4C4-414D-B977-59D48C5A1D9A.jpeg

looks a much larger vehicle (more interior space ?). and interior looks significantly up in standard on the hyundia ? obvious even from the shots ?

that boot though. ? such a large vehicle but boot looks very shallow ?  and likely high off the ground by looks too ? its only the parcel shelf missing or you'd be saying that boot is tiny ! :D 

15 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Notice too what it saids about the small car segment and how sales are falling to SUVs.  This is in direct competition to Mazda Cx3 and if you start adding things like auto transmission and alloy wheels it’s starts to get pricey.

this is the thing, the makers make much more margin than the sedan or hatch. the cx3 is a great example its actually quite small a thing !  where price is close to the mazda 3 when the Mazda 3 is up on space and quality inside ?  

8 minutes ago, betty boop said:

interior looks like the hard plasticky very basic kona and boot even more poky ? i am not sure why this one would even be in consideration addicted ? unless missing something ?

The Venue is a very affordable (top of the range less than $30K), short (i.e. easy to park), high-riding (like a SUV) city car. Comparable to the Mazda CX-3, otherwise they don't make them like this small anymore. SUVs are getting larger and larger, just look at the RV4. But the more recent popular trend is the shorter compact SUVs.

2 minutes ago, LHC said:

The Venue is a very affordable (top of the range less than $30K), short (i.e. easy to park), high-riding (like a SUV) city car. Comparable to the Mazda CX-3, otherwise they don't make them like this small anymore. SUVs are getting larger and larger, just look at the RV4. But the more recent popular trend is the shorter compact SUVs.

suzuki ignis is under $17k in the mini SUV - city car category

https://www.suzuki.com.au/latest-offers

but really for price why not the vitara ? instead of the hyundia, especially since the suzuki thats going for $24k there abouts ? 

if want a more hard core could always go the suzuki jimny thats still only $24k ! and more looks the goods in proper SUV ! rather than city car :D ... dispenses with boot altogether with the rear seats hehe

7 minutes ago, betty boop said:

suzuki ignis is under $17k in the mini SUV - city car category

https://www.suzuki.com.au/latest-offers

You are correct. The Ignis is even a bit shorter than the Venue. But the Venue does have greater width which adds stability for high-riding cars when cornering. 

Here is the impressive commercial

12 minutes ago, LHC said:

Here is the impressive commercial

ahem... :D not sure what to make of that ...  ! 

if I wanted funky chic i would just get the citroen c5cactus or c3 aircross ! cousins of the peugeots whether looking for little or wide both got that covered :)

c3 is from $24k

citroen-c3-home-desktop.jpg

8 hours ago, gat474 said:

If you’re looking at the Forester take a look at the outback. More space.

The outback is a slightly smaller vehicle in terms of height,  it’s only longer for boot space but share the same size drive chain...   Somehow the motor isn’t tuned to what the Forrester is when you compare the power/torque ratings,  it’s also for some reason much more expensive...

8 hours ago, betty boop said:

looks a much larger vehicle (more interior space ?). and interior looks significantly up in standard on the hyundia ? obvious even from the shots ?

that boot though. ? such a large vehicle but boot looks very shallow ?  and likely high off the ground by looks too ? its only the parcel shelf missing or you'd be saying that boot is tiny ! :D 

You’re absolutely right about the boot space,  my brother works for the importers and he told me to check it out compare to the XV, so we did.  😀    I was severely gutted to see such a cramp space,  I need to check the Cx5 and the Honda CRV to compare, the RAV4 of memory had a better space to work with.....    The Forrester is a bigger car than the VX and comparing  the 2 side by side the boss keeps commenting it’s too big for her, however it’s almost the same length as a Mondeo, because I parked beside one early during the day comparing both vehicles.  

Whats also interesting is there is a hybrid VX and Forrester being released 1st quarter of 2020.   If we decide on this do we wait or do we get the current range,   The Hybrid will have a 2.0lt motor with an electric.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/subaru-forester-xv-eboxer-hybrids-arriving-in-early-2020-75456

8 hours ago, betty boop said:

I was in Werribee Plaza shopping centre,  believe it or not the Subaru dealer is inside like Tesla at Chaddy,    So as you walk to get there there’s the Hyundai display and I just happen to stop to have a look because the cars on display was accessible to the inside.   You are right, and I’m not putting the product down, but it’s nowhere near the quality and standards as say to a basic Mazda 3,  it’s basically aiming at a market where if you want a cheap car for a someone who just obtain there licence and don’t want to look for a 2nd hand vehicle and it’s cheap it’s ideal,  otherwise it’s just bare minimum to get you from point A 2 B.    All vehicles these days have an electric handbrake,   However it’s strange to see a lever in this day and age, even when I still use it on the mondeo and Camry.