Jump to content

Addicted to music

Toyota, Mazda or Subaru?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, aussievintage said:

Not true for all.  The Ford Kuga/Escape, in sports mode, acts like any normal auto, just changing gears a bit later (i.e. higher revs) each time.

I’m glad to be proven wrong,  I have no experience with the Kuga/Escape .

what I have experience 1st hand is the Mondeo and the Ranger.... and then Falcon Wagon  don’t get me wrong either, these vehicles have great driver and road dynamics  but in terms of reliability I would never own anything under the Ford logo.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rantan said:

That is exactly what I boughtB|

Post a pic 🤘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sime said:

Post a pic 🤘

OK but my camera in the phone is really crap.

 

20190819_143004.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rantan said:

OK but my camera in the phone is really crap.

 

20190819_143004.jpg

Noice mate, enjoying the drive?

 

just saw this today in the dealership, 2020 Stinger. 

 

DC7A4AED-BCD5-4DD2-84F1-B4D9A4871BD0.jpeg

A9A3D28D-865F-40AE-91E1-EFC72C0943C2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It is really good to drive. The suspension is pretty firm but you get used to it. 

I would have preferred the orange colour of the Stinger but it's still nice to look at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mazda fan here. I have had an sp25 and diesel/turbo wagon 6 in the home for a couple of years. I have had a couple of Mazda’s and they are very reliable IME. The fixed price servicing is now realistic too.

 

i would go the next gen Mazda 3 with the bigger engine. Very nice car. I can say stay well away from Ford....also IME.

 

i don’t like the look of the Korean cars myself, but there is no denying they are quality now.

 

 

7EAE6B96-2F77-42D0-AB65-306A45B58CB8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hehe,

 

have  questions to ask.....

 

Take it easy on me because I still drive a 2011 Mondeo, my 2nd 2011 Mondeo......☹️

 

today, I happen to drop into a Mazda dealership.

 

How do you get a test drive a vehicle,  everyone I've been too, not just Mazda,  just talk about arranging one!  I see that you can actually book a test drive on line.. is this what you have to do these days to actually get one?  in the days when I bought the Camry , all I had to do was walk in and asked!  today its like even if you asked you still have to arrange for one!  I mean I'm there,  do you want a sale or not?  

 

Excuse my ignorance but Next  question is that at this Mazda dealership, I asked  to see the boot to check out the spare tyre and space.  The sales guy took ages as nothing will work, then I realised that everything is push button,  now that's some luxury that Im not use too because every car I drive has been a company car(old school) where there are actually levers and handles....  Guess what, he then saids  the battery is dead!  Cant open the boot!!!!  Then he walks me outside to the one he owned and presses the button and the boot pops open.  Hopefully Im sure its not the same for the bonnet,  If it is, then how do you get to the engine with keyless entry  to replace the battery?  I remember the Falcon use to have a secondary backup " a cable" or a handle just in case the electronics didn't work!   The Mitsubishi outlander had keyless entry so I never thought about using the key or thought about what would happen when the battery went dead on it.

Edited by Addicted to music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Next question is that at this Mazda dealership, I asked  to see the boot to check out the spare tyre and space.  The sales guy took ages as nothing will work, then I realised that everything is push button,  now that's some luxury that Im not use too because every car I drive has been a company car(old school) where there are actually levers and handles....  Guess what, he then saids  the battery is dead!  Cant open the boot!!!!  Then he walks me outside to the one he owned and presses the button and the boot pops open. 

I don't own a Mazda, but in our Japanese car there is a second button (in the glove box if I recall correctly) that can defeat the boot open button. The purpose is to give an extra layer of security to the boot as the glove box can be locked with your key. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, LHC said:

I don't own a Mazda, but in our Japanese car there is a second button (in the glove box if I recall correctly) that can defeat the boot open button. The purpose is to give an extra layer of security to the boot as the glove box can be locked with your key. 

mmm,

I need to do some more investigating, and ask more questions for next weekend....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the design of the new Mazda 3 is fantastic, interior is very nice too - haven't driven one but guessing they are pretty nice to drive, just make sure the wheels are securely fastened before take-off..

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/05/wheels-could-fall-off-safety-fears-prompt-mazda-3-recall-in-australia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the boss out yesterday to a Toyota and Mazda yesterday after she finished work....   The small sadan are out of the race including the Camry.   She’s right,  the boot are too small, this includes Toyota Corolla as well.  To my surprise the RAV4 that looks like the long wheel base was a larger vehicle.  The Mazda 3 is out of the race,  she sat in the back and there is little room to move your legs, the boot is way too small and can’t be used to fit a large luggage.  Out of these the RAV4 and the RAV4 hybrid is on the list. The Mazda Cx3 is off the list, again it’s just a 3 blown up with no sufficient boot space or leg room,  but the Cx5 is what she wants...   so at this stage it’s a Toyota RAV4 or a Mazda CX-5.    We are going to have a look at Subaru’s too.  

 

 Still surprised that when asking for a test drive we get the vehicle isn’t present...... and when you thing you have it figured out,  well let’s say even I was wrong, even the colour, she thinks the Mazda red is way to intense.....  and I though she liked red!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kia and Hyundai. 

 

Before you buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Sime said:

Kia and Hyundai. 

 

Before you buy. 

I wasn’t going to say it, but I have to apologise, ATM these 2 brands are out of the race,  it’s not my decision and it’s not my money....   I tried desperately to convinced her to look at these 2 brands considering you  guys inputs  but she has no interest in them....  what I’ll try and  do is before the final, I’ll get her to both of these brands b4 it’s too late.  Kia has some decent warranties that I find attractive.

Edited by Addicted to music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no issue if anyone doesn’t like these brands, but only after being given as much trial and error as given to others. 

 

At that point, it’ll be fair enough. But if it’s purely brand snobbery (not saying it is) that’s a bad mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sime said:

I have no issue if anyone doesn’t like these brands, but only after being given as much trial and error as given to others. 

 

At that point, it’ll be fair enough. But if it’s purely brand snobbery (not saying it is) that’s a bad mistake. 

What’s funny too is that if we were to consider Mazda CX-5 or Toyota RA4 equivalent versions for Kia and Hyandai to these models,  are far cheaper and will have change left over in her budget.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Took the boss out yesterday to a Toyota and Mazda yesterday after she finished work....   The small sadan are out of the race including the Camry.   She’s right,  the boot are too small, this includes Toyota Corolla as well.  To my surprise the RAV4 that looks like the long wheel base was a larger vehicle.  The Mazda 3 is out of the race,  she sat in the back and there is little room to move your legs, the boot is way too small and can’t be used to fit a large luggage.  Out of these the RAV4 and the RAV4 hybrid is on the list. The Mazda Cx3 is off the list, again it’s just a 3 blown up with no sufficient boot space or leg room,  but the Cx5 is what she wants...   so at this stage it’s a Toyota RAV4 or a Mazda CX-5.    We are going to have a look at Subaru’s too.  

 

 Still surprised that when asking for a test drive we get the vehicle isn’t present...... and when you thing you have it figured out,  well let’s say even I was wrong, even the colour, she thinks the Mazda red is way to intense.....  and I though she liked red!

The CX5 does everything right,  not an overly large car but roomy interior plus plenty of zip.

The fittings ,dash and finish were an extra star for us over it's competitors and why we bought one.

Can't go wrong with them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just bought the Mrs a Mazda 3 Maxx Sport, 15 months old with 3250 on the clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Toyota RAV4 or a Mazda CX-5

What about others similar to these, like the Ford Escape?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

 she thinks the Mazda red is way to intense.....  and I though she liked red!

Tell her the colour looks great on her !! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Martykt said:

Tell her the colour looks great on her !! :D 

don't worry about her, I reckon it makes me look good standing next to it!!!!  Awesome colour,  an excuse to buy the car for the colour!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

don't worry about her, I reckon it makes me look good standing next to it!!!!  Awesome colour,  an excuse to buy the car for the colour!

The Mazda red is certainly stunning. But I've read somewhere about a detailer's opinion that colour being difficult to work with, and more generally the thickness of Mazda paint being quite thin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus you spend most of your time in the car than outside looking at it. Interior and drivability are king. 

Edited by Sime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Took the boss out yesterday to a Toyota and Mazda yesterday after she finished but the Cx5 is what she wants...   so she thinks the Mazda red is way to intense.....  and I though she liked red!

Wife and I really like the Mazda red and she normally dislikes that color!

But it's a beautiful metallic cherry red.

 

We made the mistake of getting a Titanium color, which is metallic brownish.

Shows up the dirt way too easily! 

And I'm the only person who washes it! 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, evil c said:

Wife and I really like the Mazda red and she normally dislikes that color!

But it's a beautiful metallic cherry red.

 

We made the mistake of getting a Titanium color, which is metallic brownish.

Shows up the dirt way too easily! 

And I'm the only person who washes it! 😕

To get a idea on what colour she wanted, she likes the Machine Grey, which is similar to your titanium brown which the refer to as titanium flash mica.....

 

Your not alone @evil c  I’m the only person that vac it and keep it clean and wash the outside too, not only that I make sure it goes to get scheduled servicing....    When I first told her that the Brand new Camry needs its 1st scheduled service, she question why?  It’s a new car!   :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife purchased a new car in May 19.  I really really wanted the new Toyota Corolla as the previous car was a Toyota 2001 Camry (from new) and trouble free motoring during the whole time of ownership. I also have a 1990 Toyota SW20 mr2 owned since 1994 (13000 ks at purchase ) also trouble free motoring.

Our list was Toyota corolla, Mazda 3.

 

Totally disappointed with the new Toyota. Felt flat and totally boring to drive and boring inside. (even for a Toyota)  Hated the info unit sticking up on the dash. Really wanted/tried to like the car but couldn't.

 

Mazda 3 was really nice to drive, felt good to drive, ticked most of the boxes except the model that we wanted was near impossible to procure. Still a contender though.

Tried the Maxda CX3...too cramped and small.

 

Thought we would take a look see at a Honda because the dealer was just down from the Mazda dealership and my wife had owned a Honda years ago. 

She sat in the Honda RS Civic Hatch and was hooked immediately. Second one down in the civic range (didn't want lane departure}. It felt and looked luxurious and drove far better then the mazda and Toyota. Had 95% of the top models bells and whistles. It even converted me.

 

Ended up buying a RS Civic in Modern Steel. Been happy ever since.

 

Never even really considered the Honda initially. 

 

Heard lots of comments / complaints about the Mazda soul red paint. Too thinly applied and chips far too easily.

 

 

Edited by M튆àR 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...