Addicted to music

Toyota, Mazda or Subaru?

Just now, RockandorRoll said:

Agreed, Im far to impulsive for that. I would have found something else in that time. Or, i would just wait longer and get the next model year or see what every one else has come out with in the meantime.

Indeed.

I really question how 6 month's worth of buyer's remorse would kick in ? Especially with a contract that is rigidly enforced.

If anyone really must have an SUV they can buy a Honda or a Mazda and get it next week.

2 minutes ago, DRC said:

Ah, gotcha. Not really one of the first 50 or so things that I would consider when buying a new car. If the sales people are really serious about your business they should let you run the car over the curb a few times to make sure the chassis welds do not crack and the rims have good scratch resistance.

Or even talk to you about getting a refresher course of driving lessons.

Who periodically runs their rims over curbs here?

I haven't done it in 10 years.

Impulsive, me, nah…………………

Daughter has had her license since June,  and we are just taking too long to buy..... couldn’t wait if it was for a RAV4 Hybrid, may have for others like Mazda or Subaru. The Boss said that regardless of choice we must make a decision shortly.....

Dropped into a dealership in South Melb........deal signed deposit made....

its was a good discount considering that there is no competition for a Hybrid AWD...   demand was great!   So everything was working against us to meet the budget but we knew that it was going into the 40-45k. 

Contacted the Boss with the figure and she said do it....

When I said we wanted a Graphite grey AWD,  they know someone on the waiting list wanting that trim and colour is about to bail out..... So the waiting time is this; getting built in January arriving in Feb.....  it’s now confirmed that person has bailed for that build and it’s now ours,  since the car will be made in January, it will have 2020 plates....   also I said you guys just scored $k,  they said they don’t keep deposits for whatever reasons,  they get returned in full, becuase if we don’t, you won’t come back and do business!   Not sure whether he said that to gain my trust or just saying it!  

Cant believe it, walked in,  spoke to reception and rep and it was over in 15mins...

One catch, I walked in with work uniform on that had the logo on a polo shirt, they checked the credentials of the company I work for and yes, we manage a huge fleet of vehicles so to get any discount I need my managers to signed the forms for a fleet discount.  The other thing too, this company has 4 dealerships across Melb,  they also now run the dealership where we bought that 2003 Camry and have all my personal details....small world hey! 

many thanks to all those who have participated in this thread;  @betty boop  especially,   @LHC  @GregWormald, @Sime @rantan 

There are many more and do apologise if I haven’t mentioned you here, because I’m in a hurry.....  talk soon.

On 17/11/2019 at 12:19 PM, LHC said:

A possibility if you find your max limit is well short of the price the dealer is willing to sell is to buy it through a lease deal. Dealers make money from arranging finance and may be willing to drop the sale price in exchange. So you can have the car you wanted now, but in the long run you end up paying a bit more. I don't know if lease terms are negotiable, but worth a try if nothing else works.

@LHC

confirms what this guy has to say about finance 

I wonder if its too late to drop that deposit!

WWW.MOTOR1.COM

This might be the most compelling RAV4 yet.

The new Rav 4 Prime looks the goods, with some impressive power-train upgrades. 0-100 in 5.8 - yes please!

On 18/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, Addicted to music said:

I’ve destroyed 2 because I’ve misjudge damaged curbs where they are cracked and they stickout,

driver error is not the car's fault. I put a very minor scratch on my new rim when recently parking in the city on the right hand side of a 1 way street. Almost ruined the U2 concert for me, first time I've had gutter rash in 15 years.

On 18/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, Addicted to music said:

no good if you climb a curb and the chassis flex every time you do it,

This is a SUV, not a proper 4WD, they are designed to be good ON road, not off, so don't go climbing curbs. We have a steep driveway to our local supermarket and virtually every car I see use that entrance lifts the rear inside wheel by up to 15cm. I simply use a different entrance as I like to look after my cars despite owning a SUV.

Edited by blybo

26 minutes ago, RockandorRoll said:

he new Rav 4 Prime looks the goods, with some impressive power-train upgrades. 0-100 in 5.8 - yes please!

plug in will be better than just a basic hybrid :) I agree ... not too late AM :D 

16 minutes ago, blybo said:

driver error is not the car's fault. I put a very minor scratch on my new rim when recently parking in the city on the right hand side of a 1 way street. Almost ruined the U2 concert for me, first time I've had gutter rash in 15 years.

havent read what quoting AM on...but should see how I park :D

I have a serious case of gutter aversion :D

IMG_8465.jpeg

9 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I have a serious case of gutter aversion

Same, but I had to reverse quickly to get the spot I was after, and being on the "wrong" side of the street, I wasn't used to looking over the other shoulder, and my drivers side mirror isn't set up to dip when reversing. Still it's my fault, not the cars.

Edited by blybo

9 minutes ago, blybo said:

Same, but I had to reverse quickly to get the spot I was after, and being on the "wrong" side of the street, I wasn't used to looking over the other shoulder, and my drivers side mirror isn't set up to dip when reversing. Still it's my fault, not the cars.

when had the merc I went around a corner and there as a nasty edge to kerb picking up a very bad grazing ! cost a little bit ot get fixed (100s) especially since they were machined rims rather than painted, but most panel shops will get quickly fixed. just have their guy come pick up the wheel drop back once done like new :D 

ps my mirrors never dropped either. but since put in for a service they updated firmware and now the passenger side dips automatically in reverse. its probably something can just engage with the obd dongle, just never noticed ...

1 hour ago, betty boop said:

plug in will be better than just a basic hybrid :) I agree ... not too late AM :D 

That’s not due for Australia.....yet. Way off, as my daughter needs a car.   And I’m sure it’ll be more expensive too...  which will push us further into the red,    so we’ll wait till Feb when the GXL arrives.   

WWW.CARADVICE.COM.AU

The new Toyota RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid – the most powerful and quickest RAV4 to date – will go on sale in the US by the middle of next year...

Edited by Addicted to music

1 hour ago, betty boop said:

I have a serious case of gutter aversion :D

IMG_8465.jpeg

Well I haven’t damaged a Mondeo rim with a curb since,  trust me!    :D

just to show how weak those steel rims are,  I went over a pothole around a bend,  a few minutes later the tyre went flat,  one side of the rim had caved in,  Beurepairs reshaped it so the tyre would fit perfectly again.....surprised that worked....  drive on that rim till the car got disposed .

BTW nice bemmer with a nice blue.....

52 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Well I haven’t damaged a Mondeo rim with a curb since,  trust me!    :D

just to show how weak those steel rims are,  I went over a pothole around a bend,  a few minutes later the tyre went flat,  one side of the rim had caved in,  Beurepairs reshaped it so the tyre would fit perfectly again.....surprised that worked....  drive on that rim till the car got disposed .

BTW nice bemmer with a nice blue.....

yep learn once :D once bitten twice shy ! 

also depends how much care... my wife mazda every rim is nicely kerb machined  :D its only a car for her ! 

amazing they fixed the rim that way ! suprised too ! 

What did did I say about practicality?  

Theres one thing I disagree here is on the ride, it’s not a good thing for a 4cylinder to roar on demand and echo into the cabin, But it’s not all bad if you like that V8 note.....😳