Krispy Audio

Shunyata power conditioner tested

Posted (edited)

I don't have an open IsoTek here to test but will do so when I get a chance.

I could do that with a kettle cable but if I make an adaptor cable I can also use a kettle cable for a baseline. The adaptor is handy because I can test just the cable itself. It's great to be able to see (as well as hear) the results for this stuff. Also the Shunyata has a C19 input.

One of Shunyata's long-standing point of difference has been the non-current limiting design, and because of that I've never experienced any loss of dynamics. Their current capabilities are not hindered by high impedance electronic filtering.

I've got access to multiple conditioning brands, but choose Shunyata for the reference system here. 

Edited by Krispy Audio

18 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

The cable guy 😀

Well Trevor it wasn't obvious to me.  Silly silly me.  I am not good at things cryptic like you are maybe.

I will just have to do better.

John

1 hour ago, Assisi said:

Well Trevor it wasn't obvious to me.  Silly silly me.  I am not good at things cryptic like you are maybe.

I will just have to do better.

John

I wasn’t having a go. Apologies if it came across that way

39 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

I wasn’t having a go. Apologies if it came across that way

Hi Trevor,

To me you can come across sometimes as a bit cryptic or enigmatic which I can perceive as you having a subtle go.  It is difficult to then work out whether it is intentional or not so. 

Mixing up cables and guys seemed to be about animate with the inanimate which was confusing for literal me.

Apologies accepted. 

John

Trevor is one of the straightest shooters here. 

49 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

straightest shooters here.

Not the best choice of words I would suggest even if they were meant figuratively which I expect they were.

On 15/08/2019 at 9:27 AM, Krispy Audio said:

D is right, the cable is helping here as well. I'm going to make a link cable so I can measure the noise reduction of the actual cables.

Would be nice to show how much of a reduction each one does - AU8 on it's own, the Delta NR cable on it's own.

I have been using the Shunyata AU-8 and 3 Shunyata Delta NR power cords for well over 12 months in my system. Fantastic products and at the cutting edge of power conditioning.

Cheers