Sign in to follow this  
needlerunner

MoFi Turntables Owners & Discussion Thread

Has any like minded souls out there had the privilege of owning one of the MoFi turntables.

I recently purchased the Ultradeck with the Ultra tracker cart, and could not be happier.

Best turntable l have heard in the price range.

On reflection l wish l had had it paired with the Master tracker cart. But then I'm more than happy with the Ultratracker cart. So maybe next time, when it's due for replacement.

Would really like to start a thread with other owners. And have you made any mods? I, myself have just ordered some Blue Jean interconnects for it.

Cheers in advance.

As you know mate, I have the Ultra deck and Master Cart and I’m wrapped.  Only downside is I’m buying so many records because they sound so good!  I use the Mofi weight too.  

As you know mate, I have the Ultra deck and Master Cart and I’m wrapped.  Only downside is I’m buying so many records because they sound so good!  I use the Mofi weight too.  
Mark.
Good to hear from you again buddy.
Might be just you and me then.
We will have to spread the good word.
But must be others out there surely, or it's the world's best kept secret.

The PMCs have done around 80hrs now and breaking in nicely. The tt around 30hrs.
Think it needs a few more for the stylus to break in.

Be interesting to see if the interconnects make a difference. I think they are only perceived weak link in it. Ordered from USA 2 weeks ago. Can't be far away now. Should be quicker, the amount they charge for shipping.

Does the weight make a difference, and how much?

Picked up a couple of LPs locally. And have 3 others coming from the UK. Try and pickup 1 a month. But will be aiming for quality not quantity.

This tt is certainly going to keep me poor, but I'm loving it. Sounding better every day.
Money well spent.

Cheers.

Can't believe the lack of response.
What are you all Rega fan boys. Or if it's not Linn or Luxman, everything else is inferior [emoji3]
Comon, we can't all afford 10k turntables.

13 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Can't believe the lack of response.
What are you all Rega fan boys. Or if it's not Linn or Luxman, everything else is inferior emoji3.png
Comon, we can't all afford 10k turntables.

I heard a MOFI deck and looks and sounds wise was first class.

Remarkable value for money!

And yes afraid I'm a Linnie kinda guy, but you never know what might happen in the future!😉

I have been interested on the Ultradeck since it was released here. There is just something about them that appeals, but buying one would necessitate selling one of my other two and listing anything for sale here is akin to masochism on a grand scale.

Maybe one day.

Looks amazing, surely sounds amazing compared to my current TT.. Buy me one and I'll join your club? ;) lol

Surely this is a pretty exclusive item in Australia. The reviews definitely are very positive but "Australia tax" makes it a bit far out of reach for myself personally. Aswell as all the other highly regarded turntables that aren't used Japanese classics listed on Gumtree because the seller doesn't know what they have..

Edited by SkipEsquire
:)

Ooops thanks @Hydrology must have missed this one. 

Have the ultradeck and mastertracker and mofi weight.

Very happy, been meaning to do a review , must pull my finger out 

Imho the weight does make a difference,  easy enough to try with and w/o - to me the  sound seems be more clearer or more "in focuse" if you like

image.jpeg

Edited by cafe67

I A/B tested the Ultradeck and Planar 6 before purchasing.

I went with the planar 6... but I certainly couldn’t say one was better than the other.

The Ultradeck is very impressive and should steal a lot of planar 6 customers if they compare the two.

Edited by furtherpale