"Cheap" Amazon Foam Wedges for minimising sound Reverb

Hi guys,

Have a bit of reverb in the room (4.7m x 5.3m), verified by the good old clap test in the middle of the room.

Stumbled across these (and have Amazon Prime, so free shipping).
https://www.amazon.com.au/MIUCOO-Charcoal-Acoustic-Soundproofing-Fireproof/dp/B07FF4SZB4/

Would something like these work fine, or are there realistically better results from the higher end products like Vicoustics etc?

Not concerned about aesthetics so much, whole room and ceiling has been painted in the  patent pending "Breath on it wrong and it will stain" - Dulux Theatre Black. :P

Edited by Mr Diamond

Guest thathifiguy
5 hours ago, Mr Diamond said:

Hi guys,

Have a bit of reverb in the room (4.7m x 5.3m), verified by the good old clap test in the middle of the room.

Stumbled across these (and have Amazon Prime, so free shipping).
https://www.amazon.com.au/MIUCOO-Charcoal-Acoustic-Soundproofing-Fireproof/dp/B07FF4SZB4/

Would something like these work fine, or are there realistically better results from the higher end products like Vicoustics etc?

Not concerned about aesthetics so much, whole room and ceiling has been painted in the  patent pending "Breath on it wrong and it will stain" - Dulux Theatre Black. :P

These will have some effect on certain frequencies. I had some from when I used to do a lot of recording, so they now live in my listening room.

almost all rooms can benefit from absorption in the bottom end.

most foam products only absorb top end.

any product that absorbs well in the bottom end needs to be large/deep and takes up room real estate.

room treatment to pass the "clap" test is different to room treatment to manage bass

IMO managing a room's bass is way more important than it's ability to pass a "clap" test

Mike

• Like 1