Sign in to follow this  
manchu

TOOL - Fear Inoculum (30 Aug 2019 release)

1 hour ago, Satanica said:

I was sucked into buying both the CD and the HD Tracks version so it's been a $90.00 album in total for me.

I reckon this would be true for 50-80% of people that pre-ordered the CD.

I wouldn't be surprised if the figure was actually north of 90%.

Still, more power to them (Tool) if they can swing those numbers and get away with it. However for me - I cannot get away from the feeling it's a sub par offering + overhyped. Even though as I said before I do like the ideas they were aiming for and the messages in lyrics.

1 hour ago, Satanica said:

7empest is the best track IMO

Agree a 100%.

Culling Voices and Pneuma are a tied 2nd I reckon, but I would struggle to say I really like these songs, unlike 7empest.

Also with the title of 7empest - it's a track no 9 but the title begins with 7. Is it a case of 7 ate(8) 9?

Maybe it's accidental, but knowing what they're like - I doubt it. Especially as power/upper hand theme occurs a few times in the album. And track 8 is Choc Chip Trip - an eating related title.

Maybe I'm reading too much into nothing as 7empest is the track 7 in the CD version. Anyhooooooooo.....

Agree a 100%.

Culling Voices and Pneuma are a tied 2nd I reckon, but I would struggle to say I really like these songs, unlike 7empest.

Also with the title of 7empest - it's a track no 9 but the title begins with 7. Is it a case of 7 ate(8) 9?
Maybe it's accidental, but knowing what they're like - I doubt it. Especially as power/upper hand theme occurs a few times in the album. And track 8 is Choc Chip Trip - an eating related title.

Maybe I'm reading too much into nothing as 7empest is the track 7 in the CD version. Anyhooooooooo.....
I'm still glad l purchased the deluxe. But in hindsight and lack of hype (or hysterics), perhaps l should have waited for the standard copy. Way, way over priced. For that sort of money it should have been 2 CDs and a DVD. l was a huge advocate for this album, but got sucked in like so many others. Great marketing by them, but some how l now feel ripped off. Bit disappointed in Tool for managing it this way. When did they become capitalistic elitist. Feels like they have sold out. At the moment I'm listening to a prog metal/folk band (l know a weird combonation right, but it works) called Cellar Darling, album called: The Spell, that l am enjoying more.

Listening on take-off Perth to Auckland - what a perfect soundtrack to an overnight flight !!

I am bloody loving it. Bring on Feb for Brissy. Who's going? I am moshing it, lets hook up and lose our $hit together :D 

Perth date is Valentines day. Some serious sweet talking required, if your partner is not a Tool fanatic. 😂

Still waiting for the vanilla copy to be released. I don't require booklets, included stereo systems etc.

Pre sale for Brissy, 2pm QLD time. Here we come.

So for me, I have Opeth in Dec, TOOL in Feb, The Darkness in March and Iron Maiden in May.

What? What was that?

Hahaa!!

37 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Pre sale for Brissy, 2pm QLD time. Here we come.

So for me, I have Opeth in Dec, TOOL in Feb, The Darkness in March and Iron Maiden in May.

What? What was that?

Hahaa!!

Nice one Daz. 

18 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Nice one Daz. 

And two trips to Phillip Island for WSBK and MotoGP.

Baked bans aren't THAT bad...