TOOL - Fear Inoculum (30 Aug 2019 release)

30 minutes ago, hired goon said:

Looks cool, although I can happily live with the regular CD or download.

--Geoff

Looks very cool, but a word to the wise, don't let your 5 year old kid unbox anything valued over $10.

8 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Looks very cool, but a word to the wise, don't let your 5 year old kid unbox anything valued over $10.

Agree, that was painful to watch. 

11 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Yes Mate. Counting down.

Wondering when the delivery date is. And how long to get to me.

I suppose in the interim, it will be on Spotify on the 30th?

I haven’t preordered for a long time so I don’t know when I can expect it.

I’m expecting Tidal to have it on the 30th which will give me my fix.

Does anyone know if the standard CD is release on the 30th, if it is I will get it also, I can foresee I’ll end up with every format released, can’t wait for the vinyl.

16 hours ago, Sime said:

Apparently JB should have my limited edition CD on release date. 

Going to mind blowing, the scale of sales for this CD. Could it possibly be the highest selling CD of all time.

Hype certainly suggests that might be the case. Certainly a boon for dwindling CD sales.

SPOILERS

I couldn't wait, and will buying the CD when its released..

Started Fear Incolum and all my fears where dispelled, till it reached 1:40 mark and as feared is just rehashing early stuff, instant gut reaction I turned it off almost immediately. Similar experience when hearing the latest Tallica..

On 14/01/2017 at 10:56 AM, likwidsh0k said:

A new Metallica album, meh

Start playing.. Hardwired.. HOLY CRAP!! Metallica are back baby!!!!

25 sec mark, meh, a new Metallica album

For sure I will listen to it later but after my existing fears from the 2 released live tracks and are actually on the album, and then the start of the first track..

On 19/05/2019 at 9:10 AM, likwidsh0k said:

Listened to both 'new' songs invincible and descending and sound like Tool jamming with minor inflections on old themes/songs/riffs including the quintessential Tool drum/riff off finish on both songs.

No doubt enjoyable to hear newish Tool after so long but left disappointed as hoping for something new like from Aenima to Lateralus to blow my mind.. though after 13 years what can you expect, and admittedly not the biggest 10k fan either (though a change in song order makes a marked difference), but Radiohead pulled a decade(s) later miracle out of the bag with the effing brilliant A Moon Shaped Pool.

And though in that post said had warmed upto the Tallica album after more listens the only track I play now is Halo on Fire and then only till it also gets crap towards the end.

Ok gave the song a full listen, sounds like APC vocals over some bland rehashed Tool. Not finished quite yet, if it also has that signature Tool finish oh **** it does just started at 8:40 mark, and was hoping ok maybe not at the end.. but yep again at 10:00 mark are you kidding me?

Even the track list had me concerned of just 5 looong songs in a row.

One of my favourite bands, 13 years wait..

Edited by likwidsh0k

1 hour ago, likwidsh0k said:

I couldn't wait, and will buying the CD when its released..

Started Fear Incolum and all my fears where dispelled, till it reached 1:40 mark and as feared is just rehashing early stuff, instant gut reaction I turned it off almost immediately. Similar experience when hearing the latest Tallica..

For sure I will listen to it later but after my existing fears from the 2 released live tracks and are actually on the album, and then the start of the first track..

And though in that post said had warmed upto the Tallica album after more listens the only track I play now is Halo on Fire and then only till it also gets crap towards the end.

Ok gave the song a full listen, sounds like APC vocals over some bland rehashed Tool. Not finished quite yet, if it also has that signature Tool finish oh **** it does just started at 8:40 mark, and was hoping ok maybe not at the end.. but yep again at 10:00 mark are you kidding me?

Even the track list had me concerned of just 5 looong songs in a row.

One of my favourite bands, 13 years wait..

So no spoiler alerts...then!

I got an email fromJB informing me that I won’t get my Limited cd on release day, but expect it between then and 2 weeks later.

Here's an update on your pre-order for Tool - Fear Inoculum: Limited Deluxe Edition.

The good news is that despite overwhelming global demand, we've secured stock from a number of regions for most of our existing online pre-orders for Tool - Fear Inoculum: Limited Deluxe Edition.

The not quite as good news is that due to the severely restricted supply we will be receiving stock in batches as multiple shipments clear customs.

Starting from this week we will be beginning to fulfill pre-orders on a first in, first out basis. This means stock will be made available to customers sequentially based on when their order was received.

Your pre-order is expected to be fulfilled within a fortnight of the official release date.

For Click & Collect orders please remember to wait for your 'Ready to Collect' text message or email before visiting store to collect your order.

In the meantime, if you happen to find a copy elsewhere and want to cancel your order, please respond with your order number and we'll arrange it for you.

We know having to wait is frustrating, at least it's not going to be another 13 years.

Cheers,

Kind Regards,

JB Hi-Fi | Online Customer Service

JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd

36 minutes ago, Sime said:

I got an email fromJB informing me that I won’t get my Limited cd on release day, but expect it between then and 2 weeks later.

Here's an update on your pre-order for Tool - Fear Inoculum: Limited Deluxe Edition.

The good news is that despite overwhelming global demand, we've secured stock from a number of regions for most of our existing online pre-orders for Tool - Fear Inoculum: Limited Deluxe Edition.

The not quite as good news is that due to the severely restricted supply we will be receiving stock in batches as multiple shipments clear customs.

Starting from this week we will be beginning to fulfill pre-orders on a first in, first out basis. This means stock will be made available to customers sequentially based on when their order was received.

Your pre-order is expected to be fulfilled within a fortnight of the official release date.

For Click & Collect orders please remember to wait for your 'Ready to Collect' text message or email before visiting store to collect your order.

In the meantime, if you happen to find a copy elsewhere and want to cancel your order, please respond with your order number and we'll arrange it for you.

We know having to wait is frustrating, at least it's not going to be another 13 years.

Cheers,

Kind Regards,

JB Hi-Fi | Online Customer Service

JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd

Makes you wonder when it will hit the shops then.

I would think all streaming services will have it available from tomorrow, will get me by until mine arrives.

Although I did get to hear 7 tracks today, a friend of a friend got it, in was MP3 so the SQ was bad, but the music was awesome.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, awayward said:

I would think all streaming services will have it available from tomorrow, will get me by until mine arrives.

Although I did get to hear 7 tracks today, a friend of a friend got it, in was MP3 so the SQ was bad, but the music was awesome.

But being that I assume that Tidal is American owned, will they release it on the 30th for us, or world wide when they hit that date?

Id like to spend the day tomorrow washing dogs to this album. 

4 hours ago, Sime said:

But being that I assume that Tidal is American owned, will they release it on the 30th for us, or world wide when they hit that date?

Id like to spend the day tomorrow washing dogs to this album. 

Good to know. There appears to be a lot of haters out there already panning it. 

38 minutes ago, mtf said:

No luck tracking down a CD for tomorrow so Tidal it is.

Drop son off at school then my room gonna explode!!!?

Lucky you, I’d love to take a sickie to blast it all day, but I won’t, I’ll wait til I get home ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, awayward said:

Lucky you, I’d love to take a sickie to blast it all day, but I won’t, I’ll wait til I get home ?

If it’s true to form it’s going to take quite a few listens to take it all in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

There appears to be a lot of haters out there already panning it. 

There’s always haters out there.  Panning every goddam thing.  As if their opinion actually carries weight...

This album is gonna be awesome.  I can feel in my bones.

• Like 3