Sign in to follow this  
manchu

TOOL - Fear Inoculum (30 Aug 2019 release)

So my CD arrived today.  Damn.  There's a bit of effort involved in that.  Nice.

Good to hear it on CD too, I still think coax sounds better than USB into my DAC, plus not streaming, so yeah.  Sorry neighbours.

It's never going to be my favourite Tool album though.  But that doesn't mean it's not good.  Hell, 10000 Days is probably my most played Tool album these days, and it's not my favourite and I didn't like it when it came out either.   :lol:

11 hours ago, Monk said:

So my CD arrived today.  Damn.  There's a bit of effort involved in that.  Nice.

Good to hear it on CD too, I still think coax sounds better than USB into my DAC, plus not streaming, so yeah.  Sorry neighbours.

It was NOT obvious to me that the CD lacks three interlude tracks. You can download the complete version of the album in MP3 with the address and code on the card. I presume the complete version is too long for CD. The HD Tracks download and streaming services also have the album complete. 

The whole thing makes a mockery of the deluxe CD release as you can't even listen to it's entirety with it. I've since downloaded the HD Tracks version of it.

Edited by Satanica

11 hours ago, Monk said:

It's never going to be my favourite Tool album though.  But that doesn't mean it's not good.  Hell, 10000 Days is probably my most played Tool album these days, and it's not my favourite and I didn't like it when it came out either.   :lol:

Me neither, so far it's my least favourite Tool album. I've been playing 10,000 days lately too and it's just better music. Adam Jones took a chance of introducing Messugah influenced riffing and it worked and that album had songwriting in spades.

I'm now not able to play this via Tidal/Roon ? anyone else having the same issue? - at least the neighbors are getting a sleep-in

AJ

26 minutes ago, A J said:

I'm now not able to play this via Tidal/Roon ? anyone else having the same issue? - at least the neighbors are getting a sleep-in

AJ

Ahh I should have known - restart the server - Doh

6 hours ago, Satanica said:

It was NOT obvious to me that the CD lacks three interlude tracks. You can download the complete version of the album in MP3 with the address and code on the card. I presume the complete version is too long for CD. The HD Tracks download and streaming services also have the album complete. 

The whole thing makes a mockery of the deluxe CD release as you can't even listen to it's entirety with it. I've since downloaded the HD Tracks version of it.

Jeez, didn't know that. Feel ripped off now. Oh well, at least l can download the full version to usb and listen in the car.

On 14/09/2019 at 7:04 AM, Satanica said:

It took me a couple of listens to realise that 7empest is actually the last song on the CD now.  :lol:

So I don't mind missing the interludes.  :D

Ordered the limited edition CD via Discogs and it arrived earlier this week.  Artwork and packaging - knocked it out of the park yet again.  I've been listening to the album on Tidal constantly and I can say the CD definitely sounds better.  Plus I simply "had" to have a physical copy.

Fark.Me.Dead there's some bass in this one.  Special 40s lapped it up and begged for more.  Sounds far, far better than 10,000 , I always thought the production sucked on that album.  Clinical, muddy, and no real depth.

I'm still soaking all the layers up with FI.  Is it Tool's best work?  Dunno yet, but it's an absolutely impeccable performance.  Standout track: Invincible.  Highly Commended: Chocolate Chip Trip.  If you want to give your system a complete pummelling, play these 1-2.  Danny Carey's genius is on full display. 

Edited by Iano

21 hours ago, Iano said:

Ordered the limited edition CD via Discogs and it arrived earlier this week.  Artwork and packaging - knocked it out of the park yet again.  I've been listening to the album on Tidal constantly and I can say the CD definitely sounds better.  Plus I simply "had" to have a physical copy.

Fark.Me.Dead there's some bass in this one.  Special 40s lapped it up and begged for more.  Sounds far, far better than 10,000 , I always thought the production sucked on that album.  Clinical, muddy, and no real depth.

I'm still soaking all the layers up with FI.  Is it Tool's best work?  Dunno yet, but it's an absolutely impeccable performance.  Standout track: Invincible.  Highly Commended: Chocolate Chip Trip.  If you want to give your system a complete pummelling, play these 1-2.  Danny Carey's genius is on full display. 

Totally agree buddy. On my PMCs, the sound is incredible. Definitely the best produced album to my ears. Everytime l listen l hear something different. I'm thinking that was their intention.

23 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Totally agree buddy. On my PMCs, the sound is incredible. Definitely the best produced album to my ears. Everytime l listen l hear something different. I'm thinking that was their intention.

I was listening to this album again this afternoon.

And I thought to myself that I have been building my system for the last 7 years or so to hear and appreciate this album to the max, IMHO, and I agree totally that this is the best produced and mixed album I’ve heard, for this genre anyway.

Edited by awayward

Hey Guys.

I've been reading this thread regularly and it's probably listed here somewhere, but I'm to knackered to look though the whole thing right now.

Is there any indication of when a standard CD release is due???

I must write that this thread has me very interested in the album.  Not enough to fork out $180 and up though.

Cheers.

Ant.

7 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Guys.

I've been reading this thread regularly and it's probably listed here somewhere, but I'm to knackered to look though the whole thing right now.

I must write that this thread has me very interested in the album.  Not enough to fork out $180 and up though.

Cheers.

Ant.

Just go on HDTrack and get it there. 

Hey @Sime - Thanks man.  I just had a look, it indicates 'not available due to region restrictions.'  I don't use a VPN, any other options?

Cheers.

Ant.

Hey Guys.

Cheers.
Ant.
I don't think there is a release date as yet

On 22/09/2019 at 8:07 AM, Gambit 1870 said:
On 21/09/2019 at 9:08 PM, BuzzzFuzzz said:
Hey Guys.

Cheers.
Ant.

I don't think there is a release date as yet

Got mine through WOW HD for $69.

Received about a week after release date.  Arrived in mint condition and excellent to play.

Since read on line that they have a dreaful reputation (2 stars). But l didn't have a problem. Just thought I'd let you know.

9 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Got mine through WOW HD for $69.

Received about a week after release date.  Arrived in mint condition and excellent to play.

Since read on line that they have a dreaful reputation (2 stars). But l didn't have a problem. Just thought I'd let you know.

It went perfectly fine with mine from WOW HD too.