TOOL - Fear Inoculum (30 Aug 2019 release)

Perth date is Valentines day. Some serious sweet talking required, if your partner is not a Tool fanatic. ?

Still waiting for the vanilla copy to be released. I don't require booklets, included stereo systems etc.

37 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Pre sale for Brissy, 2pm QLD time. Here we come.

So for me, I have Opeth in Dec, TOOL in Feb, The Darkness in March and Iron Maiden in May.

What? What was that?

Hahaa!!

Nice one Daz. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:48 AM, Sime said:

Younger me would have been interested, older me now has zero interest in gigs. 

After 2020 I doubt I will do the big gigs anymore but will still definitely sneak up to The Tivoli/Triffid/Eatons Hill from time to time.

Fitting that the last big gig will be Iron Maiden in May.

Then again, another ten years I might be seeing them at the The Tivoli/Triffid/Eatons Hill  :D 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Guest deanB

Waiting all this time for the price to get sensible, finally caved.

Sanity click 'n'collect, $60. Hardback book with lots of artwork.

Well, this is the first Tool album that grabbed me straight away.

Looking forward to the next dozen spins.

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2019 at 11:18 AM, zippi said:

The song-writing on FI is just nowhere near as good as Aenima or other albums. No amount of top notch production can make up for this. You can produce Incy Wincy Spider until the cows come home - it still be Incy Wincy Spider. I called them out on it a day or two after the album was released on youtube here in this thread.

There are moments of Tool brilliance etc on the new album but that's all it is. The amount of material on FI, when you take most of the fat off (like a stake for bbq - so leave a decent amount on of course) would fit comfortably on a 60-65 minutes record -  the interludes included. There's just not enough material to justify an album that long, therefore most songs overstay the welcome.

From commercial/financial return point of view - a masterstroke, and that's the only way I can explain it. Buy the effin CD with pretty pictures for a hundy (there's so much freakin hype, oh it's running short you betta hurry), oh but it don't got all the itty bitty interludes on it and it don't sound like the album - sorry couldn't all fit. But that's ok buddy, just scoot on over to HDTracks and buy digital you get the whole album.

From Aenima album -

(I love this song and am sorry to have to quote it here in this context as I too am a big fan of Tool, however what's right is right, a spade is a spade and a dud is a dud):

" I've got some bad advice for you, little buddy.

All you read and wear or see and hear on TV is a product waiting for your fatass dirty dollar

So, shut up and buy, buy, buy my new record
Buy, buy, buy,
Send more money "

On 11/10/2019 at 5:26 PM, needlerunner said:

I'm still glad l purchased the deluxe. But in hindsight and lack of hype (or hysterics), perhaps l should have waited for the standard copy. Way, way over priced. For that sort of money it should have been 2 CDs and a DVD. l was a huge advocate for this album, but got sucked in like so many others. Great marketing by them, but some how l now feel ripped off. Bit disappointed in Tool for managing it this way. When did they become capitalistic elitist. Feels like they have sold out. At the moment I'm listening to a prog metal/folk band (l know a weird combonation right, but it works) called Cellar Darling, album called: The Spell, that l am enjoying more.

They make us wait 13 years, give us this bloated mess, and then rip us off.

*** YOU BUDDY!!!!

And say they have more song ideas left over for the next album - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool_(band)#Fear_Inoculum_(2012–present)

"Opiate" was re-recorded and released as "Opiate2" or "Opiate Squared" on March 1, 2022. It is almost twice as long as the original and includes the same lyrics as the live version, plus the extended instrumental midsection. A music video directed by Dominic Hailstone is set to be released on March 18 to commemorate the EP's 30th anniversary. Carey mentioned in the same month that the band has been working on new material for their sixth studio album: "I'm sure it won't take us this long for the next one. We even had some stuff left over from the last one that we'll develop. We have head starts on three or four new songs."

After they take a classic and add their new bloat to that too..

Tried to listen to FI yesterday and again only Invincible and the guitar solo in Tempest and I was out.

Hearing Opiate again brought back memories and now I have the orignal song in my head all the time, and am almost dreading the next album.

• Like 1

I don’t have the hates for FI.  It’s not as strong as their previous albums, but I still enjoy it.  Then again, I refused to pay the asking price for the cd, so don’t feel jaded.

As for the Opiate2 version, it sounds like a bad cover version.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Kaynin said:

I don’t have the hates for FI.  It’s not as strong as their previous albums, but I still enjoy it.  Then again, I refused to pay the asking price for the cd, so don’t feel jaded.

As for the Opiate2 version, it sounds like a bad cover version.

100% yes.

• Like 2