TOOL - Fear Inoculum (30 Aug 2019 release)

8 hours ago, mexicoke68 said:
17 hours ago, needlerunner said:

They sure have elaborate titles hey.

Get all Latin when you own a vineyard. 

Pretty sure it’s french?

agree @mexicoke68 Litanie contre la peur" is French for "Litany Against Fear"

"Inoculum" while sounding foreign is actually adopted word in English from Latin ("inoculare" - to graft)

image.png.3846129ec91e5e6e5e108185b5dc0d14.png

--from: https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/inoculum

Also Pneuma is an ancient Greek word for breath/soul, but it has been used in Judeo/Christian tradition for centuries in religious contexts meaning Spirit. (soul I gues too).

So it's a bit interesting that all these "foreign sounding" words (except the phrase in French) are not actually foreign but rather less well known words in English language.

Edited by zippi

2 hours ago, zippi said:

agree @mexicoke68 Litanie contre la peur" is French for "Litany Against Fear"

"Inoculum" while sounding foreign is actually adopted word in English from Latin ("inoculare" - to graft)

image.png.3846129ec91e5e6e5e108185b5dc0d14.png

--from: https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/inoculum

Also Pneuma is an ancient Greek word for breath/soul, but it has been used in Judeo/Christian tradition for centuries in religious contexts meaning Spirit. (soul I gues too).

So it's a bit interesting that all these "foreign sounding" words (except the phrase in French) are not actually foreign but rather less well known words in English language.

So it's a New Age Record then. Starting to make sense. ?

9 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Uh oh.

Capture.JPG.01d4e86a21e8ef07a852a5df66a5bd97.JPG

I don't know about fake VPN etc, is there anywhere your average Aussie can download? I cant seem to kick a goal with Zdigital or Bandcamp.

Download the Browsec VPN extension for Chrome or whatever web browser you use then turn it on and set it to USA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

So it's a New Age Record then. Starting to make sense. ?

Is this really a surprise to anyone that has listened to Tool before?

The lyrics to Pneuma feel like an extension/complement to Reflections to me.

I'm loving the album.

signal-2019-09-04-135317.jpeg.de249a7794c572779bc386b85174c402.jpeg

• Like 2

On 07/09/2019 at 10:16 AM, Darren69 said:

I am loving it, where can one download a FLAC version?

I got a 24/96 flac for 17 euro from Qoboz.  You could choose from multiple file formats.  I cheated cos I’m currently in France but it was simple enough (although did guess my way through the French text).  Only problem is my system is on the other side of the world so will have to wait another two weeks to try it out.

Edited by Steam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steam said:

I got a 24/96 flaw for 17 euro from Qoboz.  You could choose from multiple file formats.  I cheated cos I’m currently in France but it was simple enough (although did guess my way through the French text).  Only problem is my system is on the other side of the world so will have to wait another two weeks to try it out.

Hope all is good for you oh Steamy one. Thank you.  got through to the register section but they 'knew' I was from Australia, haha, that clever 'they'. Just go and buy the CD methinks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Hope all is good for you oh Steamy one. Thank you.  got through to the register section but they 'knew' I was from Australia, haha, that clever 'they'. Just go and buy the CD methinks.

Really, I’ve been buy from them for years. Must be a Canberra thing ?

28 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Yep

Capture.JPG.7c1547156650978527d178ea702db8a0.JPG

Ah schiit sorry, thought you were talking about HDTracks. My bad. I should pay more attention. 

Edited by Sime

3 minutes ago, Gambit 1870 said:

My CD arrives today, now I'm in 2 minds on whether I should rip the plastic or leave it sealed.... 1st world issues for sure!

If its the box set with the screen, you’ll need to condition its battery over its life, so……………

So the mrs and I decided to celebrate the new album by throwing a bit of Tool party with some like minded friends on the weekend .    A good turnout with 30 or so adults + kids and everyone seemed to have a cracker of a time.       

3pm to around 3am with nothing but Tool played for the entire time,   ~50:50 split between Fear Inoculum and the old stuff.       I even dug through all the old Vinyl and CD's  and set up a shrine!     

tool.thumb.JPG.ae2c9c15ce59b407de44bb0f1ddc959c.JPG

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Gambit 1870 said:

My CD arrives today, now I'm in 2 minds on whether I should rip the plastic or leave it sealed.... 1st world issues for sure!

Was Thinking that way myself.

Not sure if it will be a collectable.

Won't there be 300,000 copies out there. I read somewhere that they are going to do another batch of 45,000 of the Deluxe version.