TOOL - Fear Inoculum (30 Aug 2019 release)

1 hour ago, Bengineer said:

It's missing the aggression in the vocals. But he is older now, changed a fair bit over the last decade. Made a lot of wine, drank it.

Yep i agree but i love it. I feel like Tool have aged well, some bands do not age well. 

I can remember sleeping out overnight for concert tix for this concert.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2001/rod-laver-arena-melbourne-australia-53d6d355.html

The setlist was incredible. 

Plus i had to go to year 12 school the next day overly excited. 

Finally had some time to listen to new album and im very happy, having a few years without streaming them as kept the appeal up.

13 hours ago, Andrews_melb said:

I can remember sleeping out overnight for concert tix for this concert.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2001/rod-laver-arena-melbourne-australia-53d6d355.html

The setlist was incredible. 

Plus i had to go to year 12 school the next day overly excited.

I was there for that one!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andrews_melb said:

7 minutes ago, Satanica said:

I was there for that one!

April 12, 1997, Festival Hall - Aenima tour for me.  Maynard painted himself in blue paint with orange dots and had a lumo light on - trippy!

I'd take the set list at Rod Laver and hold the concert at Festival Hall - perfect!  (Not a fan of Rod Laver for concerts at all...)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kaynin said:

April 12, 1997, Festival Hall - Aenima tour for me.  Maynard painted himself in blue paint with orange dots and had a lumo light on - trippy!

I'd take the set list at Rod Laver and hold the concert at Festival Hall - perfect!  (Not a fan of Rod Laver for concerts at all...)

He looked like a freak on stage even more so back then. 

I also saw them in Adelaide at the Big Day Out in 2010 and I enjoyed it even more. Rammstein were on before TOOL, what a great day/night.

Edited by Satanica
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, lusk said:

Starting to like this album more, especially Pneuma. Don't think l've had a Tool song replay in my head so much.

Yes. My fave too.

Last weekend l had a 2 hour trip, and that song came on the triple j.

Man, l had those speakers cranking.

People that drove past me must have thought l was having some kind of seizure. The song buzzed around my head the whole weekend.

2 minutes ago, Satanica said:

No, I'd comment differently if you commented differently. Please stop playing the victim card. Anyway I really want to stop this so ?

I’m not, but you felt the need to bring up my living arrangements in a way to try and out “class” me. 

Im out. 

5 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Yes. My fave too.

Last weekend l had a 2 hour trip, and that song came on the triple j.

Man, l had those speakers cranking.

People that drove past me must have thought l was having some kind of seizure. The song buzzed around my head the whole weekend.

Sounds good, still haven't had a full proper listen. Will give this one a good blast.

When did life get that way that one has to plan to sit down and listen to a new album?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satanica said:

When bloody prog bands decided to start making 90 minute albums. ?

Welcome back buddy.

90 minutes.  Can't say you are not getting value for money. Though l think I'm starting to regret not waiting for the bog standard edition. Way over priced me now thinks. And at the end of the day, it's only that silvery disc thingy I'm really interested in.

Got sucked in by all the hype, excitement and the befuddledment of old age. Ah well. It's only money.

Luckily l like baked beans and 2 minute noodles, cos thats all l can afford to eat now. I draw the line at eating dog food though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Sounds good, still haven't had a full proper listen. Will give this one a good blast.

When did life get that way that one has to plan to sit down and listen to a new album?

I've listened twice. Just waiting for the cd now.

• Like 1

ROFL ? 

"Taylor Swift Fans Are Freaking Out About This New Band Called “Tool”

A few days ago, to the surprise of absolutely no one, Taylor Swift’s new album Lover landed at #1 on the Billboard album charts. It was Swift’s sixth #1 record, recording the biggest sales week of any album since her last album reputation was released back in 2017.

It was generally expected that she’d hold onto the #1 position for at least another week or two, but now she’s fighting a battle with an enemy most of her fans have never even heard of: Tool.

Tool’s Fear Inoculum is currently raking in big, big numbers in its first week, and it’s predicted to land album sales of up to 300,000 in the US (according to Forbes) which would put it comfortably in the #1 position ahead of Lover, which is expecting sales of 260,000 in its second week. Fear Inoculum is already ahead of Lover on the iTunes album charts in Australia and the US,

Sorry teeny boppers but swift ain't got s**t on TOOL 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aasza said:

ROFL ? 

"Taylor Swift Fans Are Freaking Out About This New Band Called “Tool”

A few days ago, to the surprise of absolutely no one, Taylor Swift’s new album Lover landed at #1 on the Billboard album charts. It was Swift’s sixth #1 record, recording the biggest sales week of any album since her last album reputation was released back in 2017.

It was generally expected that she’d hold onto the #1 position for at least another week or two, but now she’s fighting a battle with an enemy most of her fans have never even heard of: Tool.

Tool’s Fear Inoculum is currently raking in big, big numbers in its first week, and it’s predicted to land album sales of up to 300,000 in the US (according to Forbes) which would put it comfortably in the #1 position ahead of Lover, which is expecting sales of 260,000 in its second week. Fear Inoculum is already ahead of Lover on the iTunes album charts in Australia and the US,

Sorry teeny boppers but swift ain't got s**t on TOOL 

And those figures would be from the Ltd edition CD only, imagine if the std CD was available in stores. The Ltd edition doesn’t seem very limited.