TOOL - Fear Inoculum (30 Aug 2019 release)

I trust there's at least a few in these parts very excited about the imminent release of Tools new album,  finally!.     It's also great to see Tool have also just released their entire back catalogue on the download and streaming services.    

The title track has been released already and has been on high rotation at my place since.   It's almost the perfect mix of familiarity and new sounds IMO.  

Info on the new album here.   

https://toolband.com/news/2019/tool-fear-inoculum-arrives/

I think it's worth highlighting the details of the Deluxe limited edition CD because it sounds like possibly the best CD cover ever dreamt up.       I was lucky enough to get it on pre-order through amazon for $75 before they sold out.    The local mobs (JB, sanity) are charging $140!!

No news on vinyl release yet and I'm not holding my breath.  I've been doing that for the last 13 yrs since the last albumn.

"Continuing their affinity for pushing the boundaries of physical packaging, the GRAMMY Award® winning outfit has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by Adam Jones, features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card."

TOOLFI2.jpg

• Like 1

Vinyl release has been confirmed.

Limited edition Physical will come first.

Vinyl will come second.

Standard edition Physical will come a couple months later.

Sorry, this is from memory so I can't provide more detail.

Vinyl release has been confirmed.

Limited edition Physical will come first.

Vinyl will come second.

Standard edition Physical will come a couple months later.

Sorry, this is from memory so I can't provide more detail.
If the rest of the album is as good as the song released, it will be an absolute corker.
Hope they keep the prices moderate. Though suspect they won't. People will pay whatever, so hungry they are for this release. Probably the most anticipated album in history.

18 minutes ago, patjoy said:

via Amazon for $70 but it now no longer appears on their site

It lasted 1 day on Amazon US before selling out,   but it's still listed though not available to order.     It went up on Amazon AU the next morning and sold out in hours I believe,   then all trace of it disappeared for some reason.     

Interesting to note that it was A$70-75 on amazon AU which is cheaper than .uk, .de or any others I checked.     Still more than US,  but surprisingly cheap compared the other amazons.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, manchu said:

No news on vinyl release yet and I'm not holding my breath.  I've been doing that for the last 13 yrs since the last album. 

Don't give up hope just yet... 

The band have revealed that as well working on their forthcoming album they’re also gearing up to re-release all of their previous albums on vinyl.

The albums won’t just be reissued though, but all four records are set for a complete remaster as well.

"We are already in the process of remastering all of our albums for release on vinyl in the near future.”

Whether “the near future” means that these releases will simply be a way of placating Tool fans until the new record is ready, or whether this will come later, is definitely up for debate.

Tool also uploaded new visuals to their website in May, so all this could hopefully see the records released before the year is out.

I guess, we'll have to wait and see... 

51 minutes ago, mikizee said:

Can't see why not... I've never had any issue ordering from any of the worldwide Amazons.

Neither can I, but I went through the process and it said no.    Thought I’d better check before publicising to my mates who have missed out.  

44 minutes ago, aasza said:

they’re also gearing up to re-release all of their previous albums on vinyl.

Noooooo.  There goes the value of Aenima LP!     (Not that it’ll ever be sold though)

20 hours ago, patjoy said:

I pre ordered the limited edition cd via Amazon for $70 but it now no longer appears on their site. Wowhd have it for $62 whilst JBs has it for $140!!!!!

Thanks, I just pre-ordered through WOW HD. Just had to pay $6.22 of GST.

Edited by Satanica
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kaynin said:

I'm happy to wait for the bog standard CD, and the vinyl re-issues... 

although I doubt my definition of "in the near future" will be the same as Tool's...

Yeh, me too, some of the prices out there...bloody ridiculous. Smart marketing though, I'll give 'em that.

• Like 2

On 12/08/2019 at 8:51 PM, manchu said:

Noooooo.  There goes the value of Aenima LP!     (Not that it’ll ever be sold though)

Ha I know right. I have a couple of copies of that - the regular 96 pressing and a 1996 test pressing. The regular pressing needs a good clean, and the test pressing is still sealed.. still waiting for the right day to open it.

Ha I know right. I have a couple of copies of that - the regular 96 pressing and a 1996 test pressing. The regular pressing needs a good clean, and the test pressing is still sealed.. still waiting for the right day to open it.
Stuff it. Couldn't wait. Ordered on WOW HD.
Heard that the bog standard won't have all the intros. And who knows when the std CD is out anyway. $67 is better than the $140+ bandied around. Will end up as a Classic. So well worth getting the Deluxe Ed.

1 minute ago, needlerunner said:

Stuff it. Couldn't wait. Ordered on WOW HD.
Heard that the bog standard won't have all the intros. And who knows when the std CD is out anyway. $67 is better than the $140+ bandied around. Will end up as a Classic. So well worth getting the Deluxe Ed.

I ordered from WOW HD also, I’m a bit concerned as all other websites sold out their pre-orders days ago, I hope WOW HD have a valid allocation of the pre-ordered stock.

57 minutes ago, awayward said:

I ordered from WOW HD also, I’m a bit concerned as all other websites sold out their pre-orders days ago, I hope WOW HD have a valid allocation of the pre-ordered stock.

Me too bro. Or it could be a long long long wait. Not used this site before. Hope they are reputable.

• 2 weeks later...