stuckinhere

Thor B8F Smart Filter 8 way Surge Protection $70ea!!! + other Thor bits cheap

Further testing today. As good as the Thor is at reducing noise from an overall perspective the Belkin Pro 4000 is superior on high current integrated amp. The $139 Belkin also is superior to the $700 Isotek Polaris as it cleans things up, opens up soundstage and unlike the Polaris doesn’t seem to crush dynamics. It’s a great buy. 

Thanks to this thread, just bought and received 2 of these power distributors.

At $30 each, was a no-brainer. It's even cheaper than those no-name power distributors you find in hardware stores.

Thank you for starting this thread!

All sold out by the looks of it. I managed to grab 3 of them. 

not sure why i bought one. still sitting in the box.

audiophile buying remorse.

I was in an av store today and saw the Thor hanging on the wall for $249 and thought damn I gotta getta one for $30 just because it’s so cheap.
Still deciding if I actually need it !

8 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I was in an av store today and saw the Thor hanging on the wall for $249 and thought damn I gotta getta one for $30 just because it’s so cheap.
Still deciding if I actually need it !

At $30 just buy it as a spare powerboard to use in place of kambrook junk and you never know you might be filtering noise going into your mains from random other things in your house.

Ok, I admit it, i’m a bit of a dope, but I can’t see how this plugs into the mains. 

3 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Ok, I admit it, i’m a bit of a dope, but I can’t see how this plugs into the mains. 

It is just a powerboard with a cord and plug to connect to a power point. They provide a modest level of filtration and surge protection. A good buy at $30 but don't expect any great sonic gains in my experience.

20 minutes ago, Telecine said:

It is just a powerboard with a cord and plug to connect to a power point. They provide a modest level of filtration and surge protection. A good buy at $30 but don't expect any great sonic gains in my experience.

That’s what I assumed but I just can’t see a cable out socket in any of the pics. Anyway, I’ll grab a couple. 

Just now, buddyev said:

That’s what I assumed but I just can’t see a cable out socket in any of the pics. Anyway, I’ll grab a couple. 

I bought a couple myself. They have a power cord. For $29.10 posted (with the discount code), they are a good buy for a variety of uses.

I reckon they offer a pretty good level of surge protection.

11 minutes ago, flamjam said:
4 hours ago, Telecine said:

I reckon they offer a pretty good level of surge protection.

Possibly so and the main reason that I purchased them.

Filtering is what I want so grabbed one, surge protection? I have that, It's called turn off and unplug :D