Thor B8F Smart Filter 8 way Surge Protection $70ea!!! + other Thor bits cheap

29 minutes ago, spamnoj said:

Thanks gents. It was doing fine when I received it last week, but only noticed the buzzing yesterday when I sat down to listen. 

By reducing the background noise, the Thor board may have exposed a problem in your set up. You may be hearing DC noise caused by a transformer

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-dc-blocker-to-help-stop-transformer-hum.948/

mwhouston makes and sells one

There was one recently in Classifieds.

Holton also have one

https://holtonprecisionaudio.com/products/holton-dc-blocker-one

More expensive, but even better filtering..

Thanks all for the feedback. I have gone through and unplugged everything, and find that the biggest hum comes from me plugging in my integrated amp.

I have contacted the eBay seller and to their credit offered me a replacement, and will send it out today.  In the mean time have plugged my amp into a different mains socket, which hasn't eliminated but has reduced the hum/buzz.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spamnoj said:

Thanks all for the feedback. I have gone through and unplugged everything, and find that the biggest hum comes from me plugging in my integrated amp.

I have contacted the eBay seller and to their credit offered me a replacement, and will send it out today.  In the mean time have plugged my amp into a different mains socket, which hasn't eliminated but has reduced the hum/buzz.

Good result for you from the seller. Here's hoping the replacement will solve the issue for you. 

Let us know how you go.

• 1 month later...

Guest Mr Thorens

It’s from the Adelaide Radio Rentals retailer which went into receivership and is closing down their business. So it would be genuine retail stock they’re getting rid of. 

Thanks to @stuckinhere for the heads up on these! I just bought 2. Ironically was looking at buying some soon. Putting in perspective I quickly googled a bit about them and other retailers have these exact for $170 - $199.

Having read the sellers description it all comes accross legitmate product no different to the stores selling them and clearly states Aust Wide manufacturers warranty.

The two isolated points is a bonus as is the RJ45 in and out. I'm keen to run my streamer ethernet cable via this too.  Might even try the antenna in and out see if does anything.

• Like 1

I got 2 at $70 each thinking of grabbing couple more at this price. Xmas coming up, not the most exciting gift but its a good size present once wrapped up and bet they wont guess what it is before unwrapping ?

Same seller has other thor gear for cheap also (eg 4 socket board for $20 free post)

For anyone unsure if its legit, they are brand spanking new boards in the retail packaging. No scratches on any of the inlets and comes with manual and two sheets of name tags (so you know what each plug is for rather than having to trace back).

• Like 2