Thor B8F Smart Filter 8 way Surge Protection $70ea!!! + other Thor bits cheap

These boards are usually $199 when on sale!! RRP is $259.95

Link for the B8F page from Thor website

They are listed as Brand New with FREE postage, the ebay store owner is Radio Rentals in Prospect SA (Adelaidians can even collect from the store)

$70ea with Free postage!!! more than 10 available 

(Bought two myself and the order and payment went through without issue)

Have at it!! -  Thor B8F Smart Filter 8 way Surge Protection $70ea!!!

Same seller has a few other Thor Tech items available all are >$70 Link

• Like 6

Thanks for the heads up mate. Have been thinking about upgrading from the bunnings cheapy powerboard for a while, and you've just given me the perfect excuse. Have one on the way, 8 remaining now.

On 20/08/2019 at 8:50 PM, nofixedaddress said:

Sorry only 5 left now - I just grabbed two..........

And no not flippin - just getting ready for the move back in to the reno.

Cheers Stuckinthere for the alert.  Perfect timing!

NFA

About time you came back!!! The great petunia extinction was a terrible catastrophe. We're still waiting for 2sheds triumphant return as well.....

Can I please get an opinion on whether this will definitely be an upgrade over this 8-way Belkin AV Isolator Home Cinema Surge Protector I am currently using.  I bought this years ago so this is an older model than the model currently sold by Belkin.  It is identical to the one on this Amazon UK listing but with AU connectors.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Isolator-Cinema-Protector-Sockets/dp/B0002AG9SA

Edited by ssschen

23 hours ago, ssschen said:

Can I please get an opinion on whether this will definitely be an upgrade over this 8-way Belkin AV Isolator Home Cinema Surge Protector

Yes I would like to know as well! Almost half the price of the Thor. I wonder how much protection these actually give?

Edited by Hazzzy

On 22/08/2019 at 11:23 AM, Grizzly said:

About time you came back!!! The great petunia extinction was a terrible catastrophe. We're still waiting for 2sheds triumphant return as well.....

I haven't quite worked out this time dimension quantum expander thingy.

Each time I press the red button this hap..........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can others who have bought this weigh in? 

Mine seems to have developed an obnoxious buzzing noise that is driving me crazy as I can hear it from a few metres out when it is quiet. 

Will return it if it's a manufacturing default, but if it turns out it's a 'feature' then I may be stuffed. 

Edited by spamnoj

1 hour ago, spamnoj said:

Can others who have bought this weigh in? 

Mine seems to have developed an obnoxious buzzing noise that is driving me crazy as I can hear it from a few metres out when it is quiet. 

Will return it if it's a manufacturing default, but if it turns out it's a 'feature' then I may be stuffed. 

Hey spamnoj,

Mine was delivered today - only purchased it 5:16pm on Thursday, so fast, free delivery to Sydney.

Already hooked it up with all 8x plugs in use and currently playing a connected CD transport into my amp and there's no extra noise. Just paused the CD and put my ear to the board and silent. Also have an iMac and external HDD connected and running.

I haven't (and won't be) connected anything to the AV/TV connects, etc at the ends of the board so can't vouch for them.

Sounds like you've possibly got a faulty board. Maybe disconnect and try adding each back, testing for noise between?

Good luck with it!