FS: Devialet Expert 250 integrated Amp/DAC

Item: Devialet Expert 250 integrated Amp/DAC
Price: $5200
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling:  No longer in use
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
Extra Info:

Top of the Expert range (not Pŕo).  I bought it from VAF. It was formerly d'Premier, hardware upgraded to 240, then to 250 via firmware.

The remote control volume is a luxury to use.

Here's some info ...

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/devialet-250/

Photos:

20190803_142155.jpg

20190803_142022.jpg

20190803_142109.jpg

20190803_141853.jpg

20190810_172653.jpg

Edited by dbastin
  • Like 2

This is a sleeping giant bargain in a small shiny package. I am really enjoying the Expert Pro 440 Core for which I paid over double the price S/H. The on-board DAC and fully adjustable phono stage are excellent. If your speakers are on the Devialet SAM list this can make a big positive difference too. GLWTS

• Like 2

I currently use Shunyata Etron Alpha HC. And Akiko tuning stick for ground.

Synergistic Research make a Devialet spec power cord, and its not just a narrow IEC, SR advised me the tuning module and geometry are designed to compliment the Devialet. There's are review that addresses this cord with a 400 dual mono. I've seen them for about US$850.

• Like 1

I use the standard supplied Devialet power cord with my LE 200 and it is fantastic. This is a brilliant bit of gear that is ridiculously cheap and IMO anyone buying this amp/Dac will not need to spend large amounts of money on power cords. 

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to be able to pickup a Shunyata Sigma Digital power cable on sale, relative to the price of the dev unit, I believe it’s definitely a worthwhile upgrade that presents value for money. Unfortunately the IEC plug is a little large so I have to run my Dev with the rear cover off to fit it, a non issue really... great sounding amp/pc combo. 

Edited by petersv

Shunyata and SR recommended to me analog rather than digital power cable variant.

The message to prospective purchasers is these amps sound great with standard cord, and freckin amazing with high qual cords, power conditioner, and ground treatment.

SAM will help bring it the best of speakers.

The DSP high and low pass filters and delay can help integrate sub woofers.

So this a box of quite valuable tricks.

I appreciate folks noting praise for Devialets here, but please lets not turn it into a discussion.

Cheers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demondes said:

Just to

clarify this is not the expert pro model?

no core infinity board?

That is correct, not Pro, no CI board. Of course, it could be upgraded to Pro.