28 minutes ago, evil c said:

What a massive 3 days !!

Thoroughly enjoyable time with some of SNA's biggest characters  , really look forward to catching up with the interstaters  - last night was excellent overall, however the festivities ended early this year. 

Must be all getting a bit too old to sustain the pace, I was very surprised to see @Tubularbells piking out before midnight and a few others soon after!

Maybe their missus' have been less lenient and forgiving. ?

Had the pleasure obviously today of having Scuzzii and Doppelganger over for a BBQ lunch , wonderful way to wrap up over some tunes and a few quiet bottles of red with two wonderful blokes!

( no one else bothered to show up so maybe too much of a good thing after all the other events.)

Anyway some wonderful memories and looking forward to resting my liver and catching up on sleep! ?

Thanks for organising another great evening Clive.

I didn't come right till around 8pm this evening, I guess that's the price for carrying on the festivities (5am finish). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top night, yet again. True to form I took no photos simply because it never occurs to me!

A pity the Tap didn't act on the requirement to have a full primed hogshead of that now-mythical brew ready for we parched pilgrims, though we made do with lesser fare.

Thanks Clive and to all. Always terrific to put new faces to familiar names too, lovely to meet you both @KRSDarwin @Ittaku

• Like 2

@evil c well done on another great night. Lovely food, way too much might I add, and great beer as always.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to drive to dinner and was feeling a little unwell, so only had 3 beers, made some feeble excuses and left before desert was even served. A good nights sleep and I at the show by 10:30 Sunday feeling much better and caught up with a few familiar faces.

• Like 1

I have to add my thanks to  Clive  for another successful night. Great bunch of blokes I get to know a bit more each year.My only disappointment was seeing the left over Lamb and succulent Pork  being taken away at the end of dinner.If I was still a GLUTTON I would have done my best to finish it off....?

Stump

• Like 1

@evil c well done on another great night. Lovely food, way too much might I add, and great beer as always.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to drive to dinner and was feeling a little unwell, so only had 3 beers, made some feeble excuses and left before desert was even served. A good nights sleep and I at the show by 10:30 Sunday feeling much better and caught up with a few familiar faces.

Wat!! There was desert??? The SA boys left before desert??? oh no! [emoji16]

38 minutes ago, Kensell21 said:

Wat!! There was desert??? The SA boys left before desert??? oh no! emoji16.png

The only "desert" was you SA boys deserting us ! ?

Can't think of many up for dessert after that feast!

• Like 1

I was kicking myself for going back relatively early with the rest of the SA mob after dinner, though it did mean I got some brownie points for phoning Mrs M in a state of reasonable sobriety.  The trouble is she seemed vaguely surprised at that, which suggests that staying out revelling would've been expected/condoned?  It was good to wake up capable of functioning on Sunday, though - a bit of an unexpected bonus.  However, I was thinking it was scant consolation for missing the later festivities.

But, thanks for posting those pics, darth vader - I feel much better about going home early now.:rolleyes: 

Seriously though, thanks again to Clive for doing the organising stuff yet again.  And, if it happens next year, I'm going to stay on and help keep you guys out out of trouble - well, that will do for an excuse.:thumb:

Edited by Tony M
  • Like 3

Guest jakeyb77
2 hours ago, darth vader said:

my farts still smell of roast lamb pork and brown beer

edit; I think I just farted another No. 8...

I don’t miss this 

Thanks to the evil one for the last minute invite to dinner (he wouldn't take no for an answer) and thanks to whomever piked out to allow me the spot. @evilc has your $55 ??

Another great night attaching faces to names. Many great discussions were had, although the only one I can remember with any clarity was talking teslas and energy efficient house building with @ittaku

The band was good and loud, the beer selection mind boggling and I was stoked to discover an old favourite Shlenkerla rauchbier on the back of the menu. If you like the sound of a malty smoked beer then do yerself a favour ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, darth vader said:

my farts still smell of roast lamb pork and brown beer

edit; I think I just farted another No. 8...

There are just some things in this world that you wish you had never read:sick:

23 minutes ago, evil c said:

Damn, I knew there was something I forgot to do ! :wacko:

Hey Clive,

I finally made it home yesterday, feeling like a space cadet. I don't know if you saw my message yesterday, but many thanks for the kind invitation. Would have loved to come around but I had to begin the journey home around lunch time. 

Cheers :thumb:

• Like 1