Speaker Recommendations around $20k Aud

Guest Music monster
5 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

Excellent price as they are the special 70th anniversary which retail for 32k. Gary the music monster ?

Guest Music monster
Just now, genkifd said:

these la scalas are actually going to be at the melbourne hifi show.

I own the entire klipsch heritage line. The klipschorns two pairs of the la scalas, Cornwall’s  and heresys. Gary the music monster ?

Guest Music monster
1 minute ago, genkifd said:

whats the difference between the la scale ii and AL5?

The same except a slightly better tweeter. Gary the music monster ?

Guest Music monster

Klipsch speakers have a sound of there own,you either love them or hate them. I think there the best speakers available overall.the heritage line have being in continuous production for over half a century,that’s amazing.Gary the music monster ?

Edited by Music monster

Guest Music monster
Just now, genkifd said:

horn speakers are suppose to be very forward sounding.

The latest model has the slightly better tweeters.klipsch are forward but in a smooth and musical way especially with tube amplifiers. Gary the music monster ?

Guest Music monster

Some people still perfer the sound of the 70s and 80s klipsch to the new and more modern ones.not that much has changed except for better looks. Gary the music monster ?

If I had 20k to spend on speakers, I'd be having a chat to Stuart Ralston @SGR Audio,  Rod Crawford @legend speakers, and Greg Osborn @Osborne speakers. 

Only international brand I would consider (if I had the coin) would be some TAD reference models, bit over budget, geez the sounded alright at a show few years ago when Andrew Jones was affiliated with them. 

Red Spade, Equinox. others to consider, don't know if they do equivalent to 20k.

My 2c

• Like 1

Guest Music monster
3 minutes ago, mattd2308 said:

If I had 20k to spend on speakers, I'd be having a chat to Stuart Ralston @SGR Audio,  Rod Crawford @legend speakers, and Greg Osborn @Osborne speakers. 

Only international brand I would consider (if I had the coin) would be some TAD reference models, bit over budget, geez the sounded alright at a show few years ago when Andrew Jones was affiliated with them. 

Red Spade, Equinox. others to consider, don't know if they do equivalent to 20k.

My 2c

I wouldn’t consider any of the above,that’s just my personal opinion. Gary the music monster 

Guest Karl Rand
51 minutes ago, Music monster said:

I wouldn’t consider any of the above,that’s just my personal opinion. Gary the music monster 

Please tell us why if you can.

The only objection I can see to Rod Crawords designs is they rely to a large extent on digital processing of the signal . Not something everyone is comforable with. I also percieve a problem, often unstated, in this context. Even if some Australian speakers can match the performance of the imported crowd the fact they are significantly cheaper often prevents potential buyers from even considering them. On the other hand it is hard to believe any local or NZ company can begin to match the research resources of a company such as B & W.