Zero Global NFB amplifiers

I am looking for models and brands that uses Zero Global NFB in their design.

I am wanting to make a list of ss amps to review as I believe this type of design fit my personal taste. I have heard a Densen, Audio Gd, and Luxman in the past, and there is something about their sound that sticks with me.

The amp needs to have 1 pair of balanced inputs, nothing else needed, produce between 50 - 150 Watt, and should be able to audition. Integrated or power amp doesn't really matter, but need to be solid state. Price range, between $2k - $8k.

6 minutes ago, agentorange2 said:

Simaudio and ME are a couple to add to your list.

+1. Love my Simaudio Moon intergrated. All Moon power and integrated amps use Zero GNFB designs and are very natural and non fatiguing to my ears, and also sound great at low volumes, which is important to my situation.  I'm lead to believe low volume excellence is a characteristic of zero GNFB designs.

Edited by blybo

6 hours ago, agentorange2 said:

Simaudio and ME are a couple to add to your list.

Yes ME doesn’t use NGFB but none have balanced inputs on ME , which was one of the OPs criteria - at least that’s true of every model

before the 580. Not sure about that one. 

15 hours ago, frankn said:

Yes ME doesn’t use NGFB but none have balanced inputs on ME , which was one of the OPs criteria

ME's use local feedback as do the other mentioned that don't use global feed back.

Ever since the old ME150's, just about all the bigger ME's have balanced inputs and no (SE) rca inputs, trouble is most ME's have 1kohm input impedance that only the ME or Krell pre can drive (really stupid), this is easily changed to 68kohms so then any preamp can then drive them.

Cheers George 

Edited by georgehifi

30 minutes ago, georgehifi said:

ME's use local feedback as do the other mentioned that don't use global feed back.

Ever since the old ME150's, just about all the bigger ME's have balanced inputs and no (SE) rca inputs, trouble is most ME's have 1khz input impedance that only the ME or Krell pre can drive (really stupid), this is easily changed to 68kohms so then any preamp can then drive them.

Cheers George 

Should that perhaps be amended to read  1000 ohms input impedance ? , as a  1khz impedance would infer a frequency notch filter. 

10 hours ago, georgehifi said:

Ever since the old ME150's, just about all the bigger ME's have balanced inputs and no (SE) rca inputs, trouble is most ME's have 1kohm input impedance that only the ME or Krell pre can drive (really stupid), this is easily changed to 68kohms so then any preamp can then drive them.

Cheers George 

Whoops you’re right - I had a seniors moment (having owned an 850 & 1400 you think I’d remember). 

Was getting mixed up with the ME pre-amp which only has SE outputs. 

30 minutes ago, frankn said:

Was getting mixed up with the ME pre-amp which only has SE outputs. 

Which again is crazy as the poweramps are xlr only!!!

I put rca's as well on both my ME850's with a switch to switch between them.

Cheers George

4 hours ago, Primare Knob said:
On 16/08/2019 at 10:58 AM, Music & HT lover said:
I am using one Monarchy Audio SM70. Nice sound at low price.

Where you able to audition them in Australia?

I don't think so. The company operates mainly with online store. I bought mine many years ago.

5 hours ago, Primare Knob said:

Where you able to audition them in Australia?

From what I know, Mike Lenehan used to import them. He's a Sponsor.

I bought a couple of the Monobloks on here a couple of years ago and have plugged them into a 40 amp circuit. Driving Gale 401A's. Lovely.