Sign in to follow this  
Yngvi

SOLD: FS: Denon DP-70M Turntable - 100 Volt Japanese Model

Item: Denon DP-70M Turntable  -  100 Volt Japanese Model
Price: $350.00
Item Condition: Good
Reason for selling: Thinning out the vintage herd
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Turntable is is In good condition except for the chip on the front of the unit and a hairline crack on the back of the base. Cover is in good condition.  Includes a MM Technica 205C IIX cartridge

Pick up only !!

Photos:

2010001017_XX-IMG_3894.thumb.JPG.5569e30a5b6c8bea7a5ffd692cea6826.JPG

2119065192_XX-IMG_3900.thumb.JPG.37ce65d0f80e53906c0ac84e29c96c96.JPG

274483939_XX-IMG_3911.thumb.JPG.ca1ab95716af8be2ea941831fb070fff.JPG

2036614886_XX-IMG_3914.thumb.JPG.506f6d9ee975a9d8de2b7add159295d5.JPG

960855631_XX-IMG_3915.thumb.JPG.b6d837ed841b77a618e2649ff3b1800f.JPG

1325372289_XX-IMG_3917.thumb.JPG.3fa78102ec0087a1685cad9a4c39a359.JPG

1963134116_XX-IMG_3918.thumb.JPG.c13461b9c865844faf54b41e3f06a734.JPG

412568377_XX-IMG_3927.thumb.JPG.77c74e6a25c0ca2b38f998176de2ae5e.JPG

1162016110_XX-IMG_3930.thumb.JPG.4af7c24d3ed3345e905087e8dfe70cd4.JPG

Edited by Yngvi

:hyper:

Edited by Yngvi

Wow this is a great turntable to get started on, can’t go wrong at $500

if I didn’t already have 2 turntables I would be snapping this up as a secondary turntable.

nice

19 minutes ago, Demondes said:

Wow this is a great turntable to get started on, can’t go wrong at $500

if I didn’t already have 2 turntables I would be snapping this up as a secondary turntable.

nice

Its a tough crowd @Demondes

2 minutes ago, Yngvi said:

Its a tough crowd @Demondes

It is indeed mate.

Hand-over-heart, I would buy this if

1. I didn't have 3 TTs already

and

2. I could maintain domestic harmony after buying it.

Cold comfort indeed, I know. As it stands it is a stonking bargain.

To the few members who have asked, you will need a step down transformer. Something like this from tortech

1.thumb.jpg.942dc644894f268982a5696f8f79fc79.jpg

I use the exact same transformer with my Pioneer PL 50 with perfect results. They are inexpensive,  operate silently and can be placed well away from the TT and left on indefinitely.

3 minutes ago, rantan said:

I use the exact same transformer with my Pioneer PL 50 with perfect results. They are inexpensive,  operate silently and can be placed well away from the TT and left on indefinitely.

Turntable draws 11 watts..  50 watts it plenty

Its a good starter TT, as there is no need for a SUT for the cart. Basically phono in is all you need

Confirming that a simple voltage regulator works fine with my JPN DENON.

Beautiful table.    hard to believe it has not been snapped up yet.

:hyper:

Edited by Yngvi

350 now,

Damn cheap !

If I was in Melbourne I would grab it. This is a ridiculously good deal for someone. 

1 minute ago, PKay said:

If I was in Melbourne I would grab it. This is a ridiculously good deal for someone. 

Where are the flippers ????

2 minutes ago, Yngvi said:

Where are the flippers ????

Scared off

Just now, PKay said:

Scared off

They are getting soft. woosies

Tremendous bargain here. This model retailed for ¥99.000 back in the early ‘80’s so was a serious deck from one of the big analogue players. Read up on it at The Vintage Knob:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/denon-DP-70M.html

Worth adding that the Technics EPC205C-II is a very good MM cart and replacement stylii of high quality are available from Jico.

Edited by Doppelganger

Can you pleeeaaase amend the ad to show pickup in Adelaide? That’d be ideal

7 minutes ago, epos said:

Can you pleeeaaase amend the ad to show pickup in Adelaide? That’d be ideal

Haha..

I must admit I am way beyond confused and I must be dreaming.

So is there really nobody in Melbourne who won't/cannot  buy this fantastic TT ,even for $350?

Please say it ain't so.

Edited by rantan

14 minutes ago, rantan said:

I must admit I am way beyond confused and I must be dreaming.

So is there really nobody in Melbourne who won't/cannot  buy this fantastic TT ,even for $350?

Please say it ain't so.

Yup, appears to be the case.

Will only be at this price until tomorrow night.

Now sold pending payment.

Someone picked up a great tt for an excellent price 

@Yngvi PM sent with intent to buy.

Thanks, Ant.

5 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

@Yngvi PM sent with intent to buy.

Thanks, Ant.

Sold Already

congrats to the buyer - super bargin. 

hopefully is not a flipper and gets great enjoyment out of the table.   will be easy to spot if it is flipped with the dent in from right :whistle: