Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy

AMAZON vinyl

Just signed up to Amazon Aus. and looking to purchase a record. Are there any problems l should be aware of ?

Have used Amazon and Discogs without issue

Almost impossible to determine exactly which pressing they will send .

Thanks fellas

I've found their packing and service consistent. However, if the order is fulfilled by a third party Amazon seller then it's a dice roll.

20 hours ago, eman said:

This.

It helps to cross check the ASIN codes with the US site, which generally has more accurate information (year, label etc.), and then compare that to Discogs. Another tip is that if the US site shows 'import' then it's likely a EU pressing, unfortunately, this can still be a bit of a stab in the dark though as AU might have imported from US.

However, customer service is fantastic if you have any issues and returns are easy.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

On 05/08/2019 at 3:09 PM, eman said:

Mostly this.. Don't trust the names of the listing, the pictures or even the descriptions.

I purchased what was listed as the RSD Jeff Buckley Live at Sine 4xLP numbered set.. What arrived was the 'standard' un-numbered repress of the same set.. It arrived 3 weeks before the estimated delivery date so I had to wait out that 3 weeks before I could report a problem with my order. Contacted the vendor and never recieved a reply, used the 'problem with my order' thing through amazon and got given the option to return it but I pay the postage (which is about half the price of the item..) Then Amazon started sending me emails to leave a review of the item, so I wrote a normal review saying the postage was quick but I recieved the wrong item.. and amazon kindly sent me another email saying that my review was not accepted..

2 previous purchases I made from there were fine. I would suggest, like others, sticking to the items sold by Amazon AU themselves.

If you start wishlisting things, also be aware that when it shows up "Price dropped 50% (was $40 when added to this list)" Then it's probably just an overseas 3rd party seller and will cost $40 postage on top of the selling price lol

EDIT: Just thought I would add that I'm not being salty over my one bad experience. But once you really start browsing the amazon listings you will see big, potentially misleading inconsistencies. Things like having MoFi album cover thumbnails on listings that never mention MoFi and are selling for $25 .. Clearly a 'too good to be true' for people in the know but dodgy all the same IMO.

Edited by SkipEsquire

I personally don't like the way they pack and send records but to this point there has been no disaster.

I ordered an LP which said it was available in Australia. Took 3 weeks and the package had a French postage sticker on it.

What a crap recording. It had more crackles and pops than a bowl of rice bubbles.

5 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

I ordered an LP which said it was available in Australia. Took 3 weeks and the package had a French postage sticker on it.

What a crap recording. It had more crackles and pops than a bowl of rice bubbles.

Was it from amazon au or one of the sellers?

If it was one of the sellers,  unless it is red eye records, most other sellers are overseas despite their names.

If it was amazon au, theu arrive with 3 days if in stk.

A great majority of my vinyl purchases are through Amazon these days. The main reason I have a Prime membership.

Don't forget to sign up for Cashrewards too, if you click through to Amazon through their website you get anywhere between 3.5 to 10% cash back on all purchases.

On 05/08/2019 at 2:00 PM, Grumpy said:

Just signed up to Amazon Aus. and looking to purchase a record. Are there any problems l should be aware of ?

Yes Grumpy, there is. Read these articles then decide if they're even worth buying from....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-27/amazon-australia-warehouse-working-conditions/10807308

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-27/amazon-warehouse-workers-game-race/10803346

Good luck.....