Sign in to follow this  
Al.M

75 inch plus TV best low end deals?

What’s the best deal at the moment say 75 inch plus, reasonable quality not ultra cheap quality, around $2k new.

Harvey Norman etc have LG and Samsung at around same money, LG physical screen quality appears more solid whereas Samsung screen flimsy

75" at 2K not worth it........3K maybe...JUST.....if it's a outgoing model.

You get what you pay for, and if you pay diddle squat, you'll get diddle squat performance wise

7 hours ago, Al.M said:

Harvey Norman etc have LG and Samsung at around same money, LG physical screen quality appears more solid whereas Samsung screen flimsy

I suggest you should be more concerned about screen contrast (inkiness of the blacks, brilliance of the whites) than whether the panel looks flimsy.

(I'm sure the Samsung screens are sturdy enough not to flex or break once the TV is in position for viewing.)

3 hours ago, Tweaky said:

75" at 2K not worth it........3K maybe...JUST.....if it's a outgoing model.

You get what you pay for, and if you pay diddle squat, you'll get diddle squat performance wise

I tend to agree with that. Perhaps if the buyer will be restricting themselves to free to air TV and is not very concerned at all with picture quality, just chasing screen size, the approach of going for a very cheap 75" TV could work for them.

@Al.M, would you be intending to connect to a sound bar or hi-fi system? The cheaper TVs tend to have quite limited sound quality from their built-in speakers.

Edited by MLXXX

Lower end LCD TVs have come along way in the past few years - even at larger sizes such as 75".   I own a Samsung Q8FN which is a higher end model from 2018.  I also own a Samsung MU7000  75" TV from 2017 and whilst the Q8FN is the overall better unit, mainly due to the full array local dimming, in some respects the MU7000 outperforms it.  For example the MU7000 has brilliant screen uniformity and almost no dirty screen effect (DSE) whereas the Q8FN is less than optimal in these areas.  

I would recommend looking at the Samsung NU7000 75" model from 2018 if you can still find one; failing that, TCL is a good "bang for buck" option in the budget LCD/LED category.  Even in these lower end, edge lit, models, you will get some impactful results from YouTube 4k videos and even some Netflix HDR movies.

Regardless of whatever TV you choose, a sound bar is always a good option.