Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
buddyev

The Ashes

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

Mitch Marsh back for another run, Head must feel unlucky.

Does that mean Marsh takes back the vice captains spot from Head?

 

Probly we will have one vice captain, Cummins, rather that two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolster said:

Looks like they are looking for support for the quicks on a batting-friendly pitch.

@metal beat will be pleased to see a Marsh back in the side ;)

 

seriously.  Marsh must have threatened to bring out the donkey photo's.

 

We can't bat except for Smith, so we drop a batsmen and put in guy who can't bat or bowl well because we need more bowling support.  Please, its illogical and starts our tail at #5 with 3rd wicketkeeper.

  Why not rest Cummings and bring in either Patterson or Siddle if we are that worried about bowling. bowling has not been our issue.

Edited by metal beat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, metal beat said:

 

seriously.  Marsh must have threatened to bring out the donkey photo's.

 

We can't bat except for Smith, so we drop a batsmen and put in guy who can't bat or bowl well because we need more bowling support.  Please, its illogical and starts our tail at #5 with 3rd wicketkeeper.

  Why not rest Cummings and bring in either Patterson or Siddle if we are that worried about bowling. bowling has not been our issue.

You not happy with the inclusion of Marsh. Seems not many are. He did a decent job in the tour game.. on a tricky deck with the bat and swung the Dukes expertly. Give him a chance. He may surprise us all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cultfilman said:

You not happy with the inclusion of Marsh. Seems not many are. He did a decent job in the tour game.. on a tricky deck with the bat and swung the Dukes expertly. Give him a chance. He may surprise us all.

After 31 matches has he been given a chance?    Travis Head has played 12 matches with an average of 42.    Who has been given the greater chances?

 

 He certainly gets his best chance again against a demoralised England team who have just lost the ashes. 

 

If only MM's batting and bowling averages were reversed, he would be wonderful.

 

Matches    31

Batting average    25.39

Bowling average    43.91

Edited by metal beat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ya reckon they would of at least dropped Wade instead of Head.

I do like Mitch and hope he gets going but I cannot understand some of these selections.

These days you only get about 2 tests as a batter to prove yourself.

Steve Waugh would have not lasted long these days.

A bit of perserveracance would help some of these batters confidence.

Even Langer said Bancroft was trying so hard.

The pressure to perform seams to be intense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cultfilman said:

Give him a chance. He may surprise us all.

That's what we don't want! As others have said, how many chances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

 

Wot?

Have they doctored the pitch?

 

4 years ago the team batting first won by an innings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Sounds like they're scared of the English seamers to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two big mistakes. Warney is correct. We should have batted and should have included Stark for Siddle with Marsh in the side.

At this stage, I am hoping for a draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wolster said:

Two big mistakes. Warney is correct. We should have batted and should have included Stark for Siddle with Marsh in the side.

At this stage, I am hoping for a draw.

Not even lunch on day 1 and you’re hoping for a draw! 

I think you might be a secret Pom, Wally. 

 

Second thoughts, you may be right - 2 dropped catches!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, buddyev said:

Not even lunch on day 1 and you’re hoping for a draw! 

I think you might be a secret Pom, Wally. 

 

Second thoughts, you may be right - 2 dropped catches!!!!

Well a draw would mean we win the series 🤗

A wicket! Burns gone for 47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got home. What a lovely batting wicket. Looks like an adelaide pitch. Why aren't we batting? Since when did an Australian team insert the opposition? Its gunna be a long day in the field. I'm going to bed. Night gents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm .... confused  .... poms batted all day ... just like *test* cricket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Pleasantly surprised this morning. Expected England to be 4-350. Batting looked easy when I retired to bed. M. Marsh has always had nice late away swing & his inclusion was justified by being the most economical & effective Australian bowler. I'm afraid I wouldn't have given Siddle a game this series. No other team in the world would leave Starc out of the bowling attack. Expect M. Marsh to get a 5 fa & a big ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good first day result, considering the dropped catches.

I liked this video clip from Marsh when he admitted that most of Australia (including @metal beat hates him:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stupid idea of bowling first also gave our bowlers lest rest, which is why they picked the extra bowler any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolster said:

A good first day result, considering the dropped catches.

I liked this video clip from Marsh when he admitted that most of Australia (including @metal beat hates him:

 

 

Weird decision to bowl first - rarely turns out well. OTH if they’d held those catches ... 

Marsh is a very likeable, self-deprecating guy - hope he does well this time round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buddyev said:

Weird decision to bowl first - rarely turns out well. OTH if they’d held those catches ... 

Marsh is a very likeable, self-deprecating guy - hope he does well this time round. 

Career best figures is handy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what hot-spot would have shown for the Warner dismissal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mikey d said:

I wonder what hot-spot would have shown for the Warner dismissal?

wouldn't make one iota difference to His form which has been shocking IMO...

 

Said it before and I'll say it again...He aint no test cricketer....

 

Tase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

"Dave...go out and play all day...sus the bowlers out....watch the wicket....check the field placement ......DONT WACK EVERY BALL"

 

 

is?2Kafr9PF1qiVjXL_GDNwXNC3atVBKx9_np4se20HAAM&height=244

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...