Pioneer (Vintage) Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

Hey Guys,

I just picked up some Pioneer DSS-9's on a whim with little prior reading.

They seem to be in very good condition, and the sound absolutely blows my B & W 683s2's out of the water.

Is there much love for vintage pioneer over here on SNA?

The sound, clarity, imaging, bass.... These may be end-game speakers...

Anyone else heard these before? Anyone else have some, or other vintage pioneer stuff? 

Chime in!

Ben

• Marc changed the title to Pioneer (Vintage) Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By patjoy
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Melbourne (Northern Suburbs) State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on Pickup/EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

This vintage Pioneer SX-750 receiver is from the iconic period of silver faced receivers of the 70s. I am the original owner from 1976.

When released it was an upper mid range receiver putting out a solid 50 watts per channel at 0.1% total harmonic distortion. Heaps of features including a nice phono. The performance of the SX-750 is not that far off from the flagship SX-1250 with the exception of power output.

It is in very good condition for its age with a just a few very minor marks and tiny lifting of veneer. The casing appears to be a couple of mm off which I’m sure can be adjusted. The photos clearly show the receiver is in very good condition.

Specifications:
      Power Output: 50 wats per channel into 8ohms
      Two tape inputs/outputs
      Duplicate switch
      Phono input
      Aux/mic inputs
      Tone & High filter switches
      FM muting
      Tuning & Signal meters
      Bass & Treble controls
      Dimensions: 480x149x371mm
      Weight: 13.7kg

As I don’t have the box this Receiver is Pickup Only, sorry.

Photos:

• By Yobots
      Item Condition: Used but mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulimba State: QLD Payment Method: PayPal cash on pickup Reason for selling: Down sizing house Further information:
        The Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX508a needs no introduction. Downgraded house since moving and don’t have big enough room for this. Picture is still perfect and rivals the latest OLED TVs without the price tag!  Comes with original packaging for the tv, pedestal and speakers.  Including original manuals etc. 

more info on request but a quick google search will show you what you need to know on detailed specs. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulleen State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds  

Billy Joel - The Bridge
      US 1986 Pitman pressed original
      (Columbia - OC 40402)
      VG++/NM - STILL SEALED in tight factiry shrink.
      An awesome example of a 34 year old nugget.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once sold, a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any title here gets a brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeve as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour.

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulleen State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds  

Doors - L.A. Woman
      US 1976 Specialty pressed reissue
      (EKS-75011) VG+/VG+
      Terry Dunavan mastered, butterfly labels, SRC pressed. 
      Just very light marks to the front edges of the front and back cover.
      Plain generic paper insert.
      Wax is great - has marks and needs clean, but plays fine.
      Nice copy in this condition.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once sold, a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any title here gets a brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeve as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. 

• By 943
      Item Condition: Used, very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: ACT Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: No longer required. Only use 2 channel now. Further information:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/pioneer-sc-2022

7.2 Class D amplification
      7 x HDMI in
      1 x HDMI out
      Apple AirPlay
      App control

I have all accessories, manual and remote. Also have the original box which is in poor condition (the kids got to it) but no internal packing. 

AVR has been lightly used and in storage for the past 18 months and works perfectly. 

Pickup or I could deliver in ACT. 
      Photos: