Sign in to follow this  
awayward

Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here experts HELP!

5 hours ago, markh3570 said:

I've still got a can of that somewhere,  probably got a bit of silicone in it to stop the 'crackles and pops' .

If you find it I would be curious to see a photo showing the info it has on the can.

10 hours ago, andyr said:

I started using Permastat around 1982 but never had any gunk problems because I was using my Nitty Gritty to clean the LP, at the same time.

I found that using a dropper to drop 3 beads of cleaning solution along 4 radial lines on the LP, before wiping it around the groove annulus, meant the water drops stayed as drops before being wiped around by the NG brush.

However, if I sprayed on the Permastat first, I found the water drops no longer stayed as drops - they spread all over the LP surface.  (So getting more into the grooves.)

And then vacuuming, using the NG, removed whatever gunk the Permastat left in the grooves - so nothing was left to be deposited onto the stylus.

But now that I use a us bath for cleaning ... I no longer need to use Permastat. 

Andy

Andy

I did not have a vacuum cleaner til maybe mid- late 90's.  15 years for that Permastat shiite to turn to gunk.😁

On 03/08/2019 at 11:13 PM, audiofeline said:

If you find it I would be curious to see a photo showing the info it has on the can.

Finally found after a history making clean-up   (1984 vintage),  also another old cleaning aid.

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

5 hours ago, markh3570 said:

Finally found after a history making clean-up   (1984 vintage),  also another old cleaning aid.

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

Interesting, thanks for posting.  A different can to what I recall Brashes selling, but I recall this one as well.  Ingredients not listed (those were the days).  It says it's non-silicone.  Also not to be used on 78's, which suggests that it may contain alcohol.