Sign in to follow this  
awayward

Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here experts HELP!

Hi All,

Seeing this forum I searched out my copy and gave it a clean and a new inner sleeve and outer protector. It is an original Australian release, purchased on the day it was released here, or at the latest, the day after.

Wish.jpg.eba2561ab266d70e61c3d627e24a85b6.jpg

JJ

Posted (edited)

maybe because it has space for 2 I thought there was 1 missing doh!

Or I may be thinking of another LP I haven't played in years..... yes, I was thinking of Led Zepplin's The Song Remains The Same.

Idiot !! Don't mind me, I'll get my coat.

Edited by Batty

The Australian ,gate fold, copy of WYWH is one of the rare occasions when the Australian cover was not a cheaper version of the original UK copy, the UK copy being a single sleeve.

20 minutes ago, Batty said:

maybe because it has space for 2 I thought there was 1 missing doh!

Or I may be thinking of another LP I haven't played in years..... yes, I was thinking of Led Zepplin's The Song Remains The Same.

Idiot !! Don't mind me, I'll get my coat.

an age ed moment Steve , thats all.

Just now, EV Cali said:

The Australian ,gate fold, copy of WYWH is one of the rare occasions when the Australian cover was not a cheaper version of the original UK copy, the UK copy being a single sleeve.

I think there were 2 Aus pressings - the second one looks the same as the first, but the SBP numbers are different on the record label. My copy is SBP 234651.

Hi All,

Continued the search and found a 2016 US remaster, PFRLP9, not in a gatefold cover, but had a black plastic outer cover. I believe I purchased it from @candyflip a few years ago.

Wish.jpg.34fbbf158ac6acf913f0cf3cd69c284f.jpg

JJ

Just checked mine, I have the Australian gatefold release with the same copy number as @Grumpy

1 hour ago, kab said:

R-2251086-1469129638-6754.png.jpgR-3347928-1326798177.jpeg.jpg

Try playing that on a record player

Posted (edited)

Update, I got a full refund, the store owner apologised and said he does a quick check for the correct release, I think quick is the operative word. After I stated what was incorrect he said that I am the Pink Floyd expert so he didn’t even check the record, thanks guys it took me 12 hours to become an expert 👍

Edited by awayward

2 hours ago, georgehifi said:

I've got this version Sony's Super bit Mapping gold one, sounds real good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PINK-FLOYD-Wish-You-Were-Here-SONY-MASTERSOUND-24-KARAT-GOLD-LONG-BOX-CD-SEALED-/361593835454

Cheers George

I have same copy to which I bought it from HMV Pitt St mall store basement at $19.95. I should flog it too at a premium price too 😂 

Funny this thread just came up.. I was adding my Pink Floyd records to Discogs last week and discovered my copies of WYWH and The Wall are both Aussie first pressings. Picked them up locally at Big Star Records about 10 years ago for around $8 each. The copy of The Wall has been barely played, it looks brand new still. And sounds amazing.

I got an Aussie Quadraphonic press of DSOTM around the same time for next to nothing. I have noticed these days, any second hand Pink Floyd record in a record store demands big $$$.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hergest said:

Try playing that one on a record player.

Thanks but no thanks, don't like mono, above and below 1khz, which is still only at best 40db channel separation.

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

24 minutes ago, mikizee said:

Funny this thread just came up.. I was adding my Pink Floyd records to Discogs last week and discovered my copies of WYWH and The Wall are both Aussie first pressings. Picked them up locally at Big Star Records about 10 years ago for around $8 each. The copy of The Wall has been barely played, it looks brand new still. And sounds amazing.

I got an Aussie Quadraphonic press of DSOTM around the same time for next to nothing. I have noticed these days, any second hand Pink Floyd record in a record store demands big $$$.

What SBP number is your WYWH Mike ?

I also have a Quad DSOTM.