Wireless kit for SVS Subwoofer

Hi folks,

I am moving to a new property, and looking at wireless options for my existing SVS PB10-NSD subwoofer.

I am fairly happy with the sub, so dont intend to change anytime soon.

However, as running a long cable to sub is not looking viable at this point in time, I am considering the many 2.4Ghz wireless kits available in the market.

I guess what I wanted to know is, how is the quality of these kits ?

Do they face any interference from the wifi or home appliances in 2.4 Ghz spectrum ?

Please advise.

Thanks.

:welcome: to the forum

Can you please describe your proposed setup (stereo, home theatre?), the room and why you need a wireless option for your sub.  It appears that your sub placement is based on a convenient location rather than optimising the sub position for the best sound.

The 2.4 Ghz spectrum is used by many devices and you will likely get interference e.g. microwave oven.

• 2 months later...

Back from dead, after moving houses and getting half a chance to unpack some of my gear.

I have setup my TV etc in an open living space. Its about 7 meters long and 4 meters wide with kitchen.

You can see the attached picture for an idea. There are 2 possible locations for sub placement Option 1 and 2, as I have shown them in Blue boxes.

I am interested to get the sub on the wireless as running a cable is not an option.

What's your recommendations ?

Sub-Placement.jpg

1 hour ago, Satanica said:

Just be aware that most if not all of these wireless transmitters have some delay over using cables. This can be corrected electronically. 

Yes, I am aware of it. Thanks for the timely reminder.