Sign in to follow this  
Marc

EPSON RELEASES FUN-SIZED PORTABLE LASER PROJECTOR

There's no denying the fun of having a few mates over to watch the grand final on the big screen, beverages in-hand and BBQ sizzling away in the background.

View the full article

I bought this little projector recently after finding a good deal.  It's my first projector. Replaced my 2007 panasonic 42" plasma (still going strong, just wouldn't die). So of course I was impressed by the increased screen size and the amazing brightness and colours. My biggest concern was the 720p resolution, but it's all good, looks sharp and clear at the size and distance I'm sitting. This is a very cool new category: compact laser projector. Even though it's my first projector, and I have zero experience with projectors,  I'm quite sure the laser diode is no gimmick.

Funny how my forum login still works here. Well done to whoever migrated dtvforums. My previous post before today was 7 years ago!

What operating system is it used on this machine? If android then will be good, lots of app can be installed.  

There's no OS built in, no apps, thank god! You would need to add a Fire stick or something. (it has a space under rear cover to fit some streaming devices such as fire stick, and has micro USB cable to power. ).

Quick to power on,  just works as you'd expect with no fuss. I would have liked a second HDMI port, so I could leave the Fire stick in all the time.   I might buy an HDMI switch adaptor for toggling sources, but haven't looked at what's out there. I saw a cheap one at jaycar, but not sure.